Introduction to the Practice of American Medicine
Harvard Medical School hold a 2 day Introduction to the Practice of American Medicine (IPAM) workshop on the 17th and 18th October 2015 at the UCD Health Science Centre, Room B004.
The course is designed to prepare participants for a career in the American Health system. The focus is on developing Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) competencies, test-taking and interview skills, and understanding of how to develop a successful career trajectory.
Drawing on the expertise of Harvard faculty directly involved in educating medical trainees, this two-day program will provide unique insights into the process of an American medical training program application process.
Upon completion of the IPAM, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the requirements for acceptance to an American medical training program
- Understand what programs seek in potential candidates and how to tailor their applications accordingly
- Prepare a clear, focused and memorable personal statement
- Prepare a curriculum vitae
- Navigate various electronic application systems
- Navigate the match and registration process
- Optimize chance of acceptance in a program of choice based on their personal and professional needs
€500 (US $564)
For further information and to register for this event, please see Harvard Medical School website.
Please note that this event is not being organised by the UCD School of Medicine. Details are posted here to help publicise the event. The School does not accept responsibility for any inaccuracies or changes to the event which may occur. Please liaise directly with the event organisers.