2017 UCD Conway Festival
The 2017 UCD Conway Festival of Research & Innovation takes place on Wednesday 13th & Thursday 14th September 2017 at the UCD Conway Institute of Biomolecular & Biomedical Research.
Two separate abstract calls are invited for the UCD Conway Festival Gold Medal and the UCD Allergan Innovation Award. Deadline for both calls is 14th July 2017.
Those authors meeting the criteria can submit abstracts using the correct templates under one or both Calls.
- Submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with either UCD Conway Festival Gold Medal or UCD Allergan Innovation Award in the subject line.
- Deadline for both Calls is 14th July 2017
UCD Conway Festival Gold Medal
Research abstracts are now invited from Conway researchers and associated partners in SBI, CSCB, UCD Charles, MMI & clinical sites at SVUH, MMUH & OLCHC for presentation at the 2017 UCD Conway Festival. All submitting authors must be available on 13 September to discuss their work in moderated or review sessions.
- Poster Review Sessions: Authors will give 5 minute outline of research to a 2-person panel composed of senior postdoctoral researchers and/or Conway Fellows.
- Moderated Poster Sessions: Shortlisted authors will give a 5 minute outline of research work to a committee including plenary speakers, Conway Fellows & UCD colleagues. Winners in each category will give a 5 minute oral presentation of their work in a dedicated Festival session on 14 September. The 2017 Conway Festival Medal will be awarded for the best poster and presentation.
UCD Allergan Innovation Award
The UCD Allergan Innovation Award will feature as part of the UCD Conway Festival of Research & Innovation where there is specific emphasis on showcasing the innovative potential of current research projects being undertaken. A bursary of up to €7,000 will be awarded to the early career researcher(s) whose research shows greatest innovative potential.
- Abstracts are invited from UCD early career researchers in the life sciences with research interests in areas aligned to those specified by Allergan namely; dermatology & aesthetics, central nervous system, eye care, women’s health & urology, gastroenterology, cardiovascular disease and infectious disease.
- Submitting authors will be a permanent resident on the island of Ireland.
- Criteria for shortlisting abstracts will place emphasis on excellent research with innovative potential.
- Further information in the attached Call document
|2017 UCD Conway Festival Medal|
|Abstract Submission Template||2017 UCD Conway Festival - Call for Abstracts|
|Call for Abstracts||2017 UCD Conway Festival - Call for Abstracts|
|UCD Allergan Innovation Award|
|Abstract Submission Template||UCD Allergan Innovation Award - Abstract Template|
|Call for Abstracts||UCD Allergan Innovation Award - Call Document|
Further information can be found at UCD Conway