The UCD International Centre for Newman Studies was established by University College Dublin for the Study of the Life, Times and Work of John Henry Newman, 1801 - 1890
UCD International Centre for Newman Studies
John Henry Newman was the first Rector of the Catholic University of Ireland which was opened in Dublin on 3rd November 1854. The Catholic University of Ireland was the antecedent institution of University College Dublin.
The UCD International Centre for Newman Studies was established by the university as an academic forum to facilitate scholarly research into the life, times and work of John Henry Newman 1801-1890. It is affiliated to the UCD College of Human Sciences.
The Centre is located in Newman House the original building in which Newman opened his University, in St. Stephen’s Green, the heart of Dublin. It provides an attractive meeting place for Newman scholars from Ireland and abroad.