Clinical Psychology: An Introduction
The book will inform students about:
* the profession of clinical psychology
* how to get onto a clinical psychology postgraduate training programme
* the way clinical psychologists work with children, adolescents and adults with common psychological problems
* the main models of practice used by clinical psychologists
* the scientific evidence for the effectiveness of psychological interventions.
There is a focus on both clinical case studies and relevant research, and the book includes chapter plans, summaries, revision questions, advice on further reading and glossaries of key terms, all of which make it an excellent student-friendly introduction to an exceptionally interesting subject.