Scholarship: full fee support for access students with economic need
The College of Social Sciences and Law are offering scholarships for full fee support to one access student with economic need on a taught postgraduate programme in each of the College’s Schools for entry in 2018/2019.
Open to incoming students
Be an Irish/EU Applicant
Satisfy the normal academic entry requirements of the programme and have been offered & accepted a place on a taught graduate programme in the UCD College of Social Sciences and Law
Be from one of the under-represented groups at higher education including;
- Have previously entered third level education or were supported by a recognised Access Programme
- Student from a low income/ Means tested social welfare payment
- Low income first time mature student
- Lone parent
- Student with a disability from a low income family
- Asylum seeker, Refugee, Leave to remain
Complete the on-line scholarship application.
On-line application via the current system for Access & Lifelong Learning Cothrom Ne Féinne Scholarships – strand for support for College of Social Sciences & Law Graduate taught programmes
Scholarship Application form
Covers the following points
- Personal circumstances/ Educational barriers faced
- Why you are seeking this scholarship
- How the scholarship will benefit you
- Please outline your career plans
- Were you in receipt of the SUSI grant?
- Have you received any scholarships for your undergraduate degree?
- Letter confirming supported by an Access Programme/Office
- P21/Social Welfare Statement for the year processing entry
Closing date: 3 rd August 2018
Assessment of applications: week 13 th August 2018
Terms and Conditions of support
- The scholarship entitles the student to full fee support for each year of a taught graduate programme in the UCD College of Social Sciences and Law
- Award of this scholarship will not affect entitlement to the Student Grant administered by SUSI. Students who are awarded scholarships are required to pay any fees due to the University. Failure to do so may result in the withdrawal of the scholarship.
- Scholarships cannot be deferred.
- If a student has to repeat a stage, the scholarship will be suspended for that year and will resume once the student progresses. Academic performance will be monitored and support provided.
- Applicants may be asked to provide evidence for statements/financial information provided in this application.