Police Certificates

Who needs a Police Certificate?

You must provide an original police cerificate if

bullet you require vetting and
bullet have lived outside Ireland for 6 months or more since the age of 18.

How do I get a Police Certificate?

You will need to contact the policing body in your own country for details but the following links may help:

bullet A-Z list of countries and how to get Police Certificates

UK Police Certificates:
From 3 January 2018, if you live in England or Wales, you should apply for your criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
If you live in Scotland, you should apply for your disclosure from Disclosure Scotland.

These links are for information only. UCD has no affiliation with or connection to any information on these websites.

Does it matter if my Police Certificate is not in English?

If your certificate is not in English you must provide a certified translation.

When should I request my Police Certificate?

As soon as possible. If you have applied for any programme which requires vetting you need to start the process now, as Police Certificates can take some time and, if your vetting isn't complete, it will delay your placement.

Full regulations are included in the Garda Vetting Policy.

All offers of a place are subject to UCD's Terms and Conditions of Offer.
All students must comply with the general regulations of the university.

Please see also UCD's Fitness to Practise Policy