UCD Registry - Admissions is responsible for reviewing the applications and offers issued under delegated authority to ensure compliance with the published entry requirements as advertised on the graduate studies course finder, or in some cases, on the school web page.
In order to ensure decisions are transparent and fair to all applicants, it is important the reasons for decisions entered are clear and transparent in accordance with any published material. It is also important to note the published entry requirements should apply for both EU and non-EU applicants.
There are a number of repeat queries that have risen each year and we would like to take this opportunity to remind staff of the following when processing applications:
- Full offers should only be issued where full transcripts showing final degree awarded have been uploaded to application
- Applicants whose first language is not English should present one of the (UPB approved) English language exams – the results should normally be issued within two years of the course start date. For programmes which have an English language requirement above the minimum should refer to this table of standards
- If RPL is being applied for admission this should be noted on the application comments (along with following normal school procedure on processing RPL)
- UPB has approved the following document which outlines standard and non-standard entry criteria and the appropriate approval levels required for each.
- Admissions maintain the entry requirement section on the course finder- if you wish to update or populate the entry requirement section for your course please contact us