Terms & Conditions
Last updated July 2018
UCD processes your data in a number of ways. Please see our Privacy statement
for further details
Rules of the University
Please make yourself familiar with the Rules, Policies and Regulations of University College Dublin and with any further regulations or policies relating to your Programme. Read the Academic Regulations, Student Code & Policies
or ask your Programme.
Programmes that lead to a professional qualification and/or licence to practise that require students to undertake practical training in a professional environment with patients, clients or other service users may be subject to the University’s Student Fitness to Practise Policy. Students registered to such programmes should be aware of the policy and their programme’s fitness to practise requirements.
Confidentiality and Data Protection
The University is entrusted with students' personal information on the understanding that it is treated in strict confidence. The use of student information is consistent with the teaching, learning, research and administrative functions of the University and is used in an appropriate manner by staff in carrying out their duties relating to the operations and mission of the University. Students' personal information is made available to Colleges and Schools only where such access is appropriate to the process or task in question.
The University processes student information and data generated through individual use of services over the lifespan of the student (admission, registration, assessment and graduation) to deliver and develop specific and shared services. These services are provided by UCD and by outsourced service providers contracted to process data on behalf of the University, such as Blackboard, Google, career service providers, library service providers, targeted communications services.
Your personal email address and SSPR
It is important that you provide a correct personal email address as it will be used to communicate with you when using the Self Service Password Recovery
tool (SSPR) in UCD Connect. If you do not wish to allow SSPR to use your personal email address then you must delete it.
You can add, change or delete your personal email address by following these instructions
Third party disclosures of personal data
In addition to cases where UCD is by law required or permitted to disclose your details to others, third party disclosure may take place to:
- Funding bodies and agencies that support or sponsor your education. Please note that once registered and where appropriate, fees will be claimed on your behalf from the relevant funding body
- Professional, educational or similar institutions and individuals that you have authorised or with whom UCD is collaborating in respect of your education. Includes parent/guardian
- Organise conferring ceremonies where your graduate status or other award is publicly acknowledged
- A debt collection agency where necessary because of outstanding UCD fees or other charges
- UCD Students’ Union for the purposes of Union membership, representation and elections
- UCD Sport & Fitness and UCD Clubs and Societies to manage your access to membership and facilities
- UCD Alumni Relations Office and UCD Foundation to facilitate future contact between you, UCD and fellow alumni e.g. university mailings, events, reunions and university related fundraising activities
- The Higher Education Authority for funding allocation, statistical analysis and policy formulation purposes. The data shared include personal data such as name, address, Eircode, PPSN, grant status and CAO data. Read more on what data are shared and how these data are used. If you wish to object to the processing of your personal data in this manner, or if you have any queries in relation to the processing of your personal data generally, please contact the HEA Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
Protecting your personal data
UCD login credentials (eg usernames and passwords) are provided to you for your own information. You are responsible for all activity originating from your login credentials. In order to enable the University to treat your information in confidence please ensure that you:
- Do NOT share your username/passwords with any other person
- Do NOT leave your device unattended while you are logged into any UCD systems
- LOG OUT of and EXIT fully any UCD applications or services when you have finished using them
- CHANGE your UCD password regularly, at least once per year
Agreeing to the Terms and Conditions is the start of becoming a registered student.
By clicking 'Continue' on the Terms and Conditions page in SISWeb you are confirming that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by the above. This confirmation is the beginning of your registration process. You must confirm your registration in order to be considered a student of the University.
If you do not accept these terms and conditions, or do not wish to register, please click 'Exit' on the page in SISWeb.