Terms & Conditions
Last updated June 2017
Rules of the University
You should make yourself familiar with, and confirm your acceptance of, the Rules, Policies and Regulations of University College Dublin and with any further regulations or policies pertaining to your Programme.
Read more about UCD's Academic Regulations, Student Code & Policy
or check with your Programme.
Programmes that lead to a professional qualification and/or licence to practise that require students to undertake practical training in a professional environment with patients, clients or other service users may be subject to the University's Student Fitness to Practise Policy
. Students registered to such programmes should familiarise themselves with the policy and their programme's fitness to practise requirements.
Confirmation of acceptance is made by clicking 'Continue' on the Terms and Conditions page in SISWeb
Confidentiality and Data Protection
The University is entrusted with students' personal information on the understanding that it is treated in strict confidence. The use of student information is consistent with the teaching, learning, research and administrative functions of the University and is used in an appropriate manner by staff in carrying out their duties relating to the operations and mission of the University. Students' personal information is made available to Colleges and Schools only where access to such information is appropriate to the process or task in question.
The University processes student information and data generated through individual use of services over the lifespan of the student from admission, through registration, assessment and graduation to deliver and develop specific and shared services. These services are provided by UCD and by outsourced service providers, contracted to process data on behalf of the University, such as Blackboard, Google, career service providers, library service providers, targeted communications services.
Your personal email address and SSPR
It is important that you provide a correct personal email address as it will be used to communicate with you when using the Self Service Password Recovery
tool (SSPR) in UCD Connect. If you do not wish to allow SSPR to use your personal email address then you must delete it. To add, change or delete your personal email address use the My Email Preferences
Third party disclosures of personal data
In addition to cases where UCD is by law required or permitted to disclose your details to others, third party disclosure may take place to:
- Funding bodies and agencies that support or sponsor your education. Please note that once registered and where appropriate, fees will be claimed on your behalf from the relevant funding body.
- Professional, educational or similar institutions that you have authorised or with whom UCD is collaborating in respect of your education.
- A Parent/Guardian - once you have given consent.
- Organise conferring ceremonies where your graduate status or other award is publicly acknowledged.
- A debt collection agency where necessary because of outstanding UCD fees or other charges.
- UCD Students Union for the purposes of Union membership, representation and elections.
- UCD Sport and Fitness and UCD Clubs and Societies to facilitate your access to membership and facilities.
- UCD Alumni Relations Office and the University's Foundations to facilitate future contact between you, UCD and fellow alumni, to include university mailings, events and reunions and university related fundraising activities.
- Higher Education Authority (HEA) to facilitate the Irish National Survey of Student Engagement. Some of your information may be sent to the HEA to ensure that the survey is offered only to intended target groups of students. Such information does not include your contact details (name, address or telephone number). Read the HEA Student Data Collection Notice.
Protecting your personal data
UCD login credentials (e.g. usernames, passwords, PIN's) are provided to you for your own information. You are responsible for all activity originating from your Login credentials. In order to enable the University to treat your information in confidence, please ensure that:
Learn more about UCD's IT Security Management Policy
- You do NOT share your UCD login ID s and passwords with any other person.
- You do NOT leave your device unattended while you are logged into any UCD systems.
- You LOG OUT of and EXIT fully any UCD applications or services when you have finished using them.
- You CHANGE your UCD password regularly, no less than once per year.
By clicking 'Continue' on the Terms and Conditions page in SISWeb you are confirming that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by the above. This confirmation is the beginning of your registration process. You must confirm your registration in order to be considered a student of the University.
If you do not accept these terms and conditions, or do not wish to register, please click 'Exit' on the page in SISWeb.