1. Carcinogens induce loss of the primary cilium in proximal tubular epithelial cells independent of effects on cell cycle. By Radford R, Slattery C, Jennings P, Blacque O, Pfaller W, Gmuender H, Van Delft J, Ryan MP, McMorrow T. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. (2012 in press).
2. Martin-Martin N, Dan Q, Amoozadeh Y, Waheed F, McMorrow T, Ryan MP, Szászi K. RhoA and Rho kinase mediate cyclosporine A and sirolimus-induced barrier tightening in renal proximal tubular cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2012 Jan;44(1):178-88.
3. O'Connell S, Tuite N, Slattery C, Ryan MP, McMorrow T. Cyclosporine A-induced oxidative stress in human renal mesangial cells: a role for ERK 1/2 MAPK signalling. Toxicol Sci. 2011 Dec 6.
4. Transcriptomic alterations induced by Ochratoxin A in rat and human renal proximal tubular in vitro models and comparison to a rat in vivo model. Jennings P, Weiland C, Limonciel A, Bloch KM, Radford R, Aschauer L, McMorrow T, Wilmes A, Pfaller W, Ahr HJ, Slattery C, Lock EA, Ryan MP, Ellinger-Ziegelbauer H. Arch Toxicol. 2011 in press
5. Martin-Martin N, Slattery C, McMorrow T, Ryan MP. TGF-β1 mediates sirolimus and cyclosporine A-induced alteration of barrier function in renal epithelialcells via a noncanonical ERK1/2 signaling pathway. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2011 Dec;301(6):F1281-92.
6. Johnston O, Cassidy H, O'Connell S, O'Riordan A, Gallagher W, Maguire PB, Wynne K, Cagney G, Ryan MP, Conlon PJ, McMorrow T. Identification of β2-microglobulin as a urinary biomarker for chronic allograft nephropathy using proteomic methods. Proteomics Clin Appl. 2011 Aug;5(7-8):422-31
7. O'Connell S, Slattery C, Ryan MP, McMorrow T. Identification of novel indicators of cyclosporine A nephrotoxicity in a CD-1 mouse model. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 2011;252(2):201-10.
8. Ellis JK, Athersuch TJ, Cavill R, Radford R, Slattery C, Jennings P, McMorrow T, Ryan MP, Ebbels TM, Keun HC. Metabolic response to low-level toxicant exposure in a novel renal tubule epithelial cell system. Mol Biosyst 2011;7(1):247-57.
9. Lynch J, Nolan S, Slattery C, Feighery R, Ryan MP, McMorrow T. High-mobility group box protein 1: a novel mediator of inflammatory-induced renal epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Am J Nephrol 2010;32(6):590-602.
10. Martin-Martin N, Ryan G, McMorrow T, Ryan MP. Sirolimus and cyclosporine A alter barrier function in renal proximal tubular cells through stimulation of ERK1/2 signaling and claudin-1 expression. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 2010;298(3):F672-82.
11. Jennings P, Aydin S, Bennett J, McBride R, Weiland C, Tuite N, Gruber LN, Perco P, Gaora PO, Ellinger-Ziegelbauer H and others. Inter-laboratory comparison of human renal proximal tubule (HK-2) transcriptome alterations due to Cyclosporine A exposure and medium exhaustion. Toxicol In Vitro 2009;23(3):486-99.
12. Feighery R, Maguire P, Ryan MP, McMorrow T. A proteomic approach to immune-mediated epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Proteomics Clin Appl 2008;2(7-8):1110-7.
13. O'Riordan A, Johnston O, McMorrow T, Wynne K, Maguire P, Hegarty JE, McCormick A, Watson AJ, Cagney G, Gallagher WM and others. Identification of Apolipoprotein AI as a serum biomarker of chronic kidney disease in liver transplant recipients, using proteomic techniques. Proteomics Clin Appl 2008;2(9):1338-48.
14. Slattery C, Ryan MP, McMorrow T. E2A proteins: regulators of cell phenotype in normal physiology and disease. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 2008;40(8):1431-6.
15. Slattery C, Ryan MP, McMorrow T. Protein kinase C beta overexpression induces fibrotic effects in human proximal tubular epithelial cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 2008;40(10):2218-29.
16. Nee L, O'Connell S, Nolan S, Ryan MP, McMorrow T. Nitric oxide involvement in TNF-alpha and IL-1 beta-mediated changes in human mesangial cell MMP-9 and TIMP-1. Nephron Exp Nephrol 2008;110(2):e59-66.
17. Nee L, Tuite N, Ryan MP, McMorrow T. TNF-alpha and IL-1 beta-mediated regulation of MMP-9 and TIMP-1 in human glomerular mesangial cells. Nephron Exp Nephrol 2007;107(2):e73-86.
18. Feldman G, Kiely B, Martin N, Ryan G, McMorrow T, Ryan MP. Role for TGF-beta in cyclosporine-induced modulation of renal epithelial barrier function. J Am Soc Nephrol 2007;18(6):1662-71.
19. Slattery C, McMorrow T, Ryan MP. Overexpression of E2A proteins induces epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human renal proximal tubular epithelial cells suggesting a potential role in renal fibrosis. FEBS Lett 2006;580(17):4021-30.
20. Slattery C, Campbell E, McMorrow T, Ryan MP. Cyclosporine A-induced renal fibrosis: a role for epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Am J Pathol 2005;167(2):395-407.
21. McMorrow T, Gaffney MM, Slattery C, Campbell E, Ryan MP. Cyclosporine A induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in human renal proximal tubular epithelial cells. Nephrol Dial Transplant 2005;20(10):2215-25.
22. Feldman GJ, Mullin JM, Ryan MP. Occludin: structure, function and regulation. Adv Drug Deliv Rev 2005;57(6):883-917.
23. Jennings P, Koppelstaetter C, Pfaller W, Morin JP, Hartung T, Ryan MP. Assessment of a new cell culture perfusion apparatus for in vitro chronic toxicity testing. Part 2: toxicological evaluation. ALTEX 2004;21(2):61-6.
24. Nee LE, McMorrow T, Campbell E, Slattery C, Ryan MP. TNF-alpha and IL-1beta-mediated regulation of MMP-9 and TIMP-1 in renal proximal tubular cells. Kidney Int 2004;66(4):1376-86.
25. Koppelstaetter C, Jennings P, Ryan MP, Morin JP, Hartung T, Pfaller W. Assessment of a new cell culture perfusion apparatus for in vitro chronic toxicity testing. Part 1: technical description. ALTEX 2004;21(2):51-60.
26. Kiely B, Feldman G, Ryan MP. Modulation of renal epithelial barrier function by mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs): mechanism of cyclosporine A-induced increase in transepithelial resistance. Kidney Int 2003;63(3):908-16.
27. Gallagher WM, Greene LM, Ryan MP, Sierra V, Berger A, Laurent-Puig P, Conseiller E. Human fibulin-4: analysis of its biosynthetic processing and mRNA expression in normal and tumour tissues. FEBS Lett 2001;489(1):59-66.
28. Pfaller W, Balls M, Clothier R, Coecke S, Dierickx P, Ekwall B, Hanley BA, Hartung T, Prieto P, Ryan MP and others. Novel advanced in vitro methods for long-term toxicity testing: the report and recommendations of ECVAM workshop 45. European Centre for the Validation of Alternative Methods. Altern Lab Anim 2001;29(4):393-426.