CAO First Year Students
The allocation of places for CAO students for 2017-2018 is now full. Rooms that become unoccupied via cancellation are available for booking via SIS Web on a first come first serve basis.
UCD prioritises CAO students as a cohort that benefit most from the opportunity to live on campus, to form friendships and avail of the many on campus facilities. For the 2018-19 academic year there are 1,041 beds allocated to first year CAO students, all of which are on the Belfield campus. For more information visit our Allocation Policy page.
How to Apply for Campus Accommodation
Step One - 8th May 2018
Place your name on the waiting list.
The waiting list will open on 8th May 2018. A link will be available on this page.
Please note that in order to put your name on the waiting list you must have selected a course in UCD on your CAO form.
Step Two - 10th July 2018
Waiting list is ranked by random selection.
All names added to the waitlist before 10th July 2018 are ranked by computer-generated random selection. This list ranks applications for allocation of accommodation purposes. We will send you an email confirming your rank on the list once this process is complete.
You can still apply for accommodation after 10th July 2018 and your name will be placed in the waitlist at the end of the ranking in the order you applied.
Step Three - 20th August 2018
CAO offers are published.
Accept your CAO offer on the first day, 20th August 2018.
If you accept your CAO offer on the first day before 17.00 you will have the greatest choice of accommodation based on your ranking on the waitlist.
CAO notifies UCD of your acceptance.
Step Four - 22nd August 2018
Accommodation booking begins.
Based on CAO acceptances, we make our offers of accommodation by email according to the ranked waiting list.
From 22nd August 2018, accommodation offers will begin based on you having accepted your CAO offer and your place on the waitlist. It may take 2-3 days to receive your offer so please check your email, including spam and junk mail folders, regularly from this date.
At this time you will have a window of 24 hours to choose your room and pay your deposit.
- How to Join the CAO Waitlist 2018
- Once you receive the email offering you an opportunity to book a room you should do so as soon as possible to avail of the widest selection of accommodation.
- Visit our Booking Process page here. We also have helpful videos and guides on how to book a room detailing each step of the procedure.
- Please be advised that UCD Residences accommodation is open for booking to all eligible UCD students, mixed genders and ages. As you choose your room please be mindful that you can see who has already booked into the apartment you are considering. It is important to note that where a resident is under 18 they will in all likelihood be sharing an apartment with students over 18 years of age.
- Further information regarding room booking can be found on our FAQ page.
- For information on the accommodation available in our residences please click here for information on locations and here for virtual tours
Off Campus Accommodation
The UCD Accommodation Pad, run by the UCD Residences Booking & Support Office, shows listings of houses, flats, apartments, lodgings and general self- catering accommodation.
For assistance with sourcing off campus accommodation please visit www.ucdaccommodationpad.ie.