CAO First Year Students
More information regarding the upcoming 2017-2018 CAO bookings will be available from February 2017.
UCD prioritises CAO students as a cohort that benefit most from the opportunity to live on campus, to form friendships and avail of the many on campus facilities. For the 2016-17 academic year there are 908 beds allocated to first year CAO students, all of which are on the Belfield campus. For more information visit our Allocation Policy page.
Rooms that become unoccupied via cancellation are available for booking via SIS Web on a first come first serve basis.
- Once you receive the email offering you an opportunity to book a room you should do so as soon as possible to avail of the widest selection of accommodation.
- Visit our Booking Process page here. We also have helpful videos and guides on how to book a room detailing each step of the procedure.
- UCD Residences accommodation is open for booking to all UCD students, mixed genders and ages. It is important to note that where a resident is under 18 they will in all likelihood be sharing an apartment with students over 18 years of age.
- Further information regarding room booking can be found on our FAQ page.
- For information on the accommodation available in our residences please click here for information on locations and here for virtual tours
Off Campus Accommodation
For assistance with sourcing off campus accommodation please visit www.ucdaccommodationpad.ie.
The UCD Accommodation Pad, run by the UCD Residences Booking & Support Office, shows listings of houses, flats, apartments, lodgings and general self- catering accommodation.
To use the UCD Accommodation Pad you must first register. To register you must:
- Go to www.ucdaccommodationpad.ie.
- Click on register now (on top right hand side of the homepage).
- You must use your @ucdconnect email address. Should you not have one please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred email address and CAO or application number. Alternatively if you are not applying through the CAO email email@example.com with your conditional/unconditional offer or your acceptance/invitiation letter from UCD.
- Once you register you will need to validate your account. Please note we activate accounts Mon-Fri, 9.00am to 17.00 to allow access to the website.
Benefits of the UCD Accommodation Pad:
- The website has an alert system which you can activate. This notifies you should your preference for accommodation become available.
- The website also has a message board. This allows you to contact those offering accommodation and contact other students about the possibility of sharing etc. These messages are monitored and updated on the website daily Mon-Fri 9.00am to 17.00.
- This website also has short term accommodation for staff and visitors.
- An up-to-date online register of accommodation and advice on suitability.
- Advice on tenant rights and responsibilities and referral to threshold or PRTB.