- Irish Research Council for Science Engineering and Technology (IRCSET) (www.ircset.ie) funds research across the sciences, engineering and technology.
- Health Research Board (HRB) (www.hrb.ie) funding covers all areas of health research from biomedical, translational, clinical and practice-based research, through to population health and health services research.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) (www.epa.ie) invites applications for research grants in Biodiversity, Water, Forests and Water, Soils, Climate Change, Infrastructure, Developing Environmental Research Potential, ERC Fellowships, SKEP - Sustainable Consumption and Production.
- Teagasc (www.teagasc.ie) – the Agriculture and Food Development Authority – is the national body providing integrated research, advisory and training services to the agriculture and food industry and rural communities. Teagasc also funds 50 new research students each year, which includes a maintenance grant for the student, under the Walsh Fellowship programme.
- Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) (www.sfi.ie) invests in academic researchers and research teams who are most likely to generate new knowledge, leading edge technologies and competitive enterprises in the fields underpinning two broad areas, biotechnology and information and communications technology. In addition, the research frontiers programme supports the very best research in a broad range of disciplines in Science, Mathematics and Engineering.