Equipment / Property Insurance
- Equipment left unattended in vehicles may not be covered
- Equipment left unsecured and unattended is not covered. This includes items that may be left for long periods of time in the field
- Art work and historic artefacts have limited cover
- Equipment in transit may not be covered
- There is a €5k excess on each and every claim. i.e. the first €5k of any insurance claim is payable by the School or Unit making the claim
Cash Insurance Cover
If a School or Unit in UCD holds cash in an amount that exceeds €1k at any one time then they should contact the UCD SIRC Office to discuss insurance provisions for same. In order to be insured cash holdings need to be held in appropriately rated safes approved by insurers.
There are also insurer requirements around the holding and lodging of large amounts of cash, details of which can be obtained from the UCD SIRC Office.