Why Study Sociology at UCD?
An essential part of your studies will be the acquisition of a sociological toolkit that includes both theoretical approaches and research methods to study society. Staff members have a wide-ranging set of research interests, including comparative, quantitative and historical research, as well as work that focuses on the social complexity and changes in our modern world. Sociology students at UCD can avail of study abroad opportunities in universities in Europe and around the world. Also there are different funding and tutoring opportunities available through the school. As Ireland's capital city, Dublin's thriving and cosmopolitan atmosphere makes it a popular choice for study. It offers a very vibrant social life and first-rate cultural amenities. The vast social changes that have occurred throughout Irish society in the last decade also provide enormous research opportunities for students.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Social Science
- MA Sociology
- MSc Sociology
- MSc Comparative Social Change
- MA Race, Migration & Decolonial Studies
- Grad Dip Race, Migration & Decolonial Studies
- MSc Social Data Analytics
- PhD and Research Masters (MLitt) in Sociology
- PhD in Complex Systems and Computational Social Science
- Funding Opportunities
- Tutoring Opportunities
- Mary Kelly Bursary
- Study Awards