- Sweden: Lund University
- Denmark: University of Copenhagen
- Belgium: Université Libre de Bruxelles
- Norway: University of Oslo
- Italy: Universita degli studi di Firenze
- France: Université Catholique de l'Ouest
- Northern Ireland: Queen's University Belfast
- England: Manchester Metropolitan University & Loughborough University
Each year a number of UCD Sociology students go to these universities to study for the academic year and students from those universities come to study sociology in UCD.
Questions about the academic side of Erasmus exchanges with UCD School of Sociology can be directed to its Erasmus Coordinator Assistant Professor Pablo Lucas. General queries may be directed to the internships, Internsationalisation and Marketing Co-ordinator Rachel Mc Evoy at the School of Sociology administrative office.
Answers to more detailed questions can be found on www.ucd.ie/international or by contacting UCD International Office.
- How can I join the Erasmus Programme?
If you would like to go abroad to study for a year, an Erasmus exchange is an excellent opportunity.
- Visit the Eramus page on the International Office’s website for information about application deadlines, Erasmus grants etc.
- Choose a university from the list of exchanges we have listed at the top of this page.
- Study the website of that university to ensure that there are sufficient suitable modules – suitable in terms of relevance of the topic and the language in which it is taught.
- Arrange to meet the School Erasmus Coordinator in December or January.
There are also other exchanges outside of Europe These are at the College-level. Check the International Office’s website for details
- How do I apply to study Sociology in UCD?
If you are a Sociology student in one of the Universities with which UCD School of Sociology has an exchange you may be able to come here on an Erasmus exchange. Details about application procedures etc are available on UCD International Office’s website.
You can find details about Sociology (and other) modules available by clicking here.
Please bear in mind that the modules are taught in English and that your English must be of a sufficient standard to complete your academic work and participate in tutorial discussions.
- Who do I contact about the Erasmus Exchange?
If you have queries regarding studying in the UCD School of Sociology or the exchanges that we provide you can contact Pablo Lucas email@example.com the Erasmus Coordinator.
All other queries should be directed to Catherine Convery in the UCD International Office.