MSc Comparative Social Change EU Scholarships
The UCD School of Sociology and Department of Sociology, Trinity College Dublin invite applications from suitable EU candidates for a MSc Comparative Social Change EU Scholarship of €2,000.
The Scholarships comprise an award of €2,000 towards university fees to EU students who have been accepted to the MSc Comparative Social Change programme. Up to three scholarships will be awarded (limited to full-time students).
The Following Conditions apply:
• EU applicants who have applied to and have received a full offer of a place on the programme may submit a completed scholarship application form (provisional and/or conditional offers are not accepted)
• The scholarships are only available to students registering full-time
• Scholarships will be paid in two tranches - at the beginning of 1st and 2nd semesters
• Awards may not be deferred
• If the applicant is unable to pursue his/her studies in accordance with the Scholarship conditions and in the specified time, the School reserves the right to reallocate the funds in whole or in part to another appropriate applicant.
Applications Comprise the Following Information:
1. The applicant’s academic record to date;
2. A description of the applicant’s research interests (max: 300 words);
3. A personal statement outlining your background and motivation for pursuing a graduate degree in Sociology (max: 300 words).
Friday 28 June 2019
Guidelines for Evaluation of Applications:
Applications will be evaluated by an Assessment Committee appointed by the UCD Head of the School of Sociology, and will normally be comprised of relevant staff members of the School of Sociology or a cognate discipline.
Applicants will be evaluated by each of the panel members independently under each of the following criteria: (1) their academic record; (2) the coherence and relevance of their research interest; and (3) their personal statement, including particular achievements, or other relevant factors. The panel will then collectively decide. The panel’s decision is final.
Application Form and Submission Guidelines:
- MSc Comparative Social Change EU Scholarships
- Application forms should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org