You are very welcome to UCD's Economics Single Major undergraduate programme information
Below you will find some updates and information specific to your degree. Please also check our Student and Academic Information section, or contact us in the Social Sciences office if you have any questions.
In many cases, the UCD School of Economics will be your first calling point for academic and administrative queries.
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
- Programme Details for DN710 Stage 1: subjects and modules
- (Detailed Information on Registration available by mid August)
- Guide to choosing electives in Economics and across UCD's curriculum
Study Supports: Library Guides by Economics Subject
- Economics Single Major DN510 Stage 2, 2018/19: programme information, core and option modules
- UCD Module Timetable 2018/19
- Registration Support: If you are returning to UCD and are carrying repeat modules, please contact the Social Sciences Office to ensure your registration can be accommodated.
Thinking About Study Abroad in Stage 3?
The UCD College of Social Sciences and Law has Erasmus exchange agreements with prestigious institutions in Europe and also internationally.
Contact the School of Economics for more details, or visit the UCD International Office website about information sessions this semester.
- Economics Single Major DN510 Stage 3, 2018/19: programme information, core and option modules
- UCD Module Timetable 2018/19
- If you are returning to UCD and are carrying repeat modules, please contact the Social Sciences Office to ensure your registration can be accommodated.
- Studying Abroad this year? You still need to register. Please follow the instructions sent by email to your UCD email address.
GPA Calculation for DN510/DN710 Single Honours Economics | Accurate for 2018-19
Your GPA is your Grade Point Average, and it is a measure of your academic performance, comprising GPA scores for all eligible modules (click here to see UCD's GPA scores for grades). The higher your GPA, the higher the quality of your degree. In UCD your degree GPA values are classified into the broad classes such as first-class honours and so on. Your final degree GPA and classification will be based on your performance in certain stages depending on your course. Some employers and many universities will make use of the GPA value itself.
While you must complete Stage 1 of your degree to progress, your grades from Stage 1 modules will not be used in computing your degree GPA. However, Stage 1 results are a component in applications to study abroad.
The box below demonstrates how a final degree GPA for single honours Economics (3 Stages) is calculated when a you complete your degree.
|3 Stages: No Study Abroad||Weighting||Equivalent%|
During your time in UCD, you may opt for Study Abroad opportunities in Stage 3, therefore adding a year to your degree. The University's regulations on calculation of GPA when an additional year is added to a degree for Study Abroad are currently under review. Please check this site in September 2019 for more information on GPA calculation if you wish to study abroad in Stage 3 of your degree.
If you are already undertaking or have completed a year of study abroad and wish to be advised on your GPA calculation, please contact the Social Sciences through this link: Query Form.