Deadline: 5pm GMT, Monday, 24 April 2017
The UCD School of Politics and International Relations seeks applications for the UCD SPIRe Doctoral Scholarship. This scholarship covers full fees and a living stipend of 14.000 euro per year for up to four years. It is open to EU and non-EU applicants.
Awards will be primarily based on the academic track record of the applicants and the academic merits of the proposal, but social relevance and fit with the school will also be taken into account.
Applicants need to proceed through the standard application process for the PhD programme before they can be considered for the scholarships. Application to the PhD requires submission of:
• Full proposal (3 to 5 pages maximum)
• Copies of all academic transcripts
• CV or resume (1 to 2 pages)
• Two academic references (Actual references required. If sent by email, they should be from an institutional address. If not sent by email, they should be on headed institutional paper)
• Evidence of English language competence (where non-native English speaking applicants have NOT obtained previous university degrees from a university in an English-speaking country)
To be eligible for consideration under the scholarship, the application form below should be included as part of the application process.
Applications are to be submitted by email to Ms Dara Gannon (email@example.com).
For those interested in the scholarship, applications to the PhD programme and the application form should be submitted by 5pm GMT on Monday, 24th April 2017.
Scholarship results will be announced on Friday, 30th June 2017
Enrolment for all PhD students is in September 2017 only.
UCD School of Politics and International Relations (SPIRe) is the oldest and the largest school of its kind in the Republic of Ireland. According to the QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017, published on the 7th of March, UCD School of Politics and International Relations is ranked in the top 100 in the world and No. 1 in Ireland by subject. In the subject area of Development Studies, which is also housed by the school, UCD is also ranked in the top 100 in the world and No. 1 in Ireland.