UCD Parking Policy and Applying for your Parking Permit
Outside of term, all car parking is free of charge except for premium rate hourly paid spaces and spaces associated with UCD Sports and Fitness. Check back in mid-August for details about parking permits for 2017/18. There is more information on the UCD Estates Services website
From Monday, 12 September 2016 a permit car parking system will be in operation on the Belfield and Blackrock campuses to ensure that car parking is only used by members of the University community and as a means of controlling demand. The UCD Car Parking Management Policy and Parking Regulations are available on the UCD Commuting website.
- Parking is limited on campus and available on a first come first served basis. UCD strongly encourages the use of public transport where possible
- All car parks are designated either permit parking or hourly paid parking
- Eligible UCD community members (including students) may apply for a UCD Parking Permit
- Parking charges apply 8:00hrs-17:00hrs, Monday - Friday (excluding bank holidays) during the peak demand periods of semester 1 (12 Sept. – 2 Dec. 2016) and semester 2 (23 Jan. – 28 Apr. 2017). Outside of these hours all car parking is free of charge except for premium rate hourly paid spaces and spaces associated with UCD Sports and Fitness
- Visitors should use visitor car parks where hourly rates apply during the chargeable periods
- Parking enforcement measures where cars are parked in breach of UCD Parking Regulations include fines, clamping and towing
Eligible students may apply for a UCD Parking Permit. The UCD Parking Permit is an electronic permit utilising the car licence plate number. Permit holders are able to administer their own permit online by registering their nominated car. No physical permit is issued. Registered cars will be allowed to park on a first come first served basis in permit car parks.
Hourly Paid Parking
- Only cars with a valid UCD Parking Permit are entitled to park in permit only parking areas during chargeable periods
- A UCD Parking Permit is not an entitlement to a parking space
- A UCD Parking Permit is not valid in hourly paid parking areas
- UCD Parking Permits will be restricted to one per member. Permit holders may change the nominated car registration number online without charge
Limited hourly paid parking is available in designated car parks and charges of €1/hr capped at €3/day apply 8:00hrs-17:00hrs, Monday – Friday (excluding bank holidays) during the peak demand periods of semester 1 (12 Sept. – 2 Dec. 2016) and semester 2 (23 Jan. – 28 Apr. 2017). Outside of these hours car parking is free of charge except for premium rate hourly paid spaces and spaces associated with UCD Sports and Fitness.
Premium Rate Parking Spaces
Limited premium rate parking spaces are designed to ensure that short-term parking (1-2hrs) is available. They are marked as yellow spaces and parking charges of €5/hr apply 24/7.
Apply for your Parking Permit
If you wish to apply for a UCD Parking Permit at a cost of €50 for the academic year 2016/17 please go to www.ucd.ie/commuting
and follow the steps outlined under Applying for a UCD Parking Permit.
For further information and a range of FAQs please see www.ucd.ie/commuting