UCD Parking Policy and Applying for your Parking Permit
From Monday, 11 September 2017 the permit car parking system will resume operation on the Belfield and Blackrock campuses. The UCD Car Parking Management Policy and Parking Regulations are available on the UCD Commuting website
What you need to know
- Parking is limited on campus and available on a first come first served basis. All car parks are designated either permit parking or hourly paid parking
- Eligible UCD community members (including students) may apply for a UCD Parking Permit
- Parking charges apply 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday (excluding bank holidays) during the peak demand periods of Semester 1 (11 September - 1 December 2017 inclusive) and Semester 2 (22 January - 27 April 2018 inclusive). Outside of these hours all car parking is free of charge except for premium rate hourly paid spaces and spaces associated with UCD Sports and Fitness
- Parking enforcement measures where cars are parked in breach of UCD Parking Regulations include fines, clamping and towing
Eligible students may apply for a UCD Parking Permit
. The UCD Parking Permit is an electronic permit utilising the car licence plate number. Permit holders are able to administer their own permit online by registering their nominated car. No physical permit is issued. Registered cars will be allowed to park on a first come first served basis in permit car parks.
- Only cars with a valid UCD Parking Permit are entitled to park in permit only parking areas during chargeable periods
- A UCD Parking Permit is not an entitlement to a parking space
- A UCD Parking Permit is not valid in hourly paid parking areas
- UCD Parking Permits will be restricted to one per member. Permit holders may change the nominated car registration number online without charge
Please ensure that you have the correct car licence plate number registered on your parking permit. Permit holders may change their nominated car licence plate number online without charge by logging on to their permit account via www.ucd.ie/commuting
Hourly Paid Parking
If you do not have a parking permit and wish to park on campus you must use the visitor/hourly paid car parks which are clearly signed and located as follows:
- N11 Entrance – Tierney car park (car park N4)
- Owenstown Entrance – opposite UCD Sutherland School of Law (car park O3)
- Newstead Entrance – opposite UCD Sports Centre (car park W3)
Hourly paid parking is very limited and charges of €1/hr capped at €3/day apply 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday (excluding bank holidays) during the peak demand periods of Semester 1 (11 September - 1 December 2017 inclusive) and Semester 2 (22 January - 27 April 2018 inclusive). Outside of these hours car parking is free of charge except for premium rate hourly paid spaces and spaces associated with UCD Sports and Fitness.
- A UCD Parking Permit is not valid in visitor/hourly paid parking areas Premium Rate Parking Spaces
Limited premium rate parking spaces are designed to ensure that short-term parking (1 - 2 hours) is available. They are marked as yellow spaces and parking charges of €5 per hour apply 24/7.
For further information and a range of FAQs please see www.ucd.ie/commuting