Certificate of Attendance
What is a Certificate of Attendance?
A Certificate of Attendance verifies years registered at UCD. It states your name, programme title, registration status and stage. It is an official document which contains a unique code which can be used for verification purposes by Third Parties.
This is a sample Certificate of Attendance.
Certificates of Attendance are available online:
All students can produce and publish their Certificate of Attendance online via their SIS web account. If you have submitted your Certificate of Attendance to a third party and it has been rejected, or if your Certificate is not displaying correctly online, please submit an application for Certificate of Attendance here.
Important, please note: Certificates of Attendance enabled for the current academic year, or any previous year, will time out at the end of the academic session (usually at the start of August each year). This is a security measure to prevent recipients of your Certificate from having ongoing access to your record relating to the period beyond what you specified. If you wish to publish a Certificate of Attendance for the new academic year (2014/15) you can do so once you have registered online and paid the required fee.
Common purposes for a Certificate of Attendance include:
** Your Irish address must already be in the Personal Information section in your SISWeb. If this is not the case please log into SISWeb and update your details.
* Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) Applicants:
- Visa Application (Garda National Immigration Bureau) *
- Grant Application (SUSI, County Council / BTEA etc)
- Bank Account Application (Verification of address) **
- J1 Visa Applications for USIT, Intrax & Sayit in lieu of the stamped form
- Jury Service Exemption
- Social Welfare Application
The online version of the Cert of Attendance is accepted by the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB).
In order to meet the specified requirements as set out by the GNIB for obtaining a GNIB card, International students should ensure they bring all required documentation when registering in person with that office. This includes bringing a UCD Certificate of Attendance. You can print a PDF of your Certificate of Attendance for this purpose.
- Your Irish & International addresses must be in the Personal Information section in your SISWeb. If this is not the case please log into SISWeb and update your details.
- You must be able to show GNIB that you have paid your UCD fees. Please ensure you pay your minimum fee liability when registering with UCD. When bringing your UCD Certificate of Attendance to the GNIB you must print it on good quality paper and keep it in a presentable state.
UCD treats the fraudulent duplication or amendment of its official documents as a serious offence. Any such action will be considered a breach of UCD Regulations and will trigger disciplinary procedures. Such matters may also constitute a criminal offence and, as such, are liable to be reported to An Garda Síochána.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us
or to call in to see us in the Tierney Building. We will be happy to help.