Updating Your Personal Details

You can update many of the personal details on your account yourself in the My Profile section of SISWeb. To access My Profile, log into SISWeb and click on the photo of yourself in the top right corner. Here, you can edit the following information:

For information of how to update any details that you are not able to update yourself, please see the sections below:

How to update your name or date of birth on your account

While you are unable to update details such as your name or date of birth yourself, we can do so on your behalf. If you notice that your name or date of birth has been recorded incorrectly, simply provide us with a government issued ID (passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.) which confirms your name and/or date of birth and we will be happy to update your details for you on the spot. You can choose to bring your documentation in to the Student Desk or you can send us an email via the Student Desk Connector with copies of your documentation attached.

How to update the details on your student record

If you are a graduate and would like to update your name or date of birth you will need to contact the NUI directly. You must submit a change of personal details form to the NUI, accompanied by official supporting documentation. For a list of acceptable supporting documentation, please see the section Accepted Documentation.

The NUI will inform UCD of the amendments and will request that we update your record accordingly.

There is no fee for updating the details on your student record.

How to update the details on your parchment

If you are a graduate and would like to change the name and/or gender on your degree parchment or certificate and have it reissued, you must submit a change of personal details form, to the NUI to be considered by the University Senate. Each request must be accompanied by official supporting documentation (for a list of acceptable documentation, please see the section Accepted Documentation).

The Senate meets three times a year, in January, April and November. Once the Senate has approved your request, you must return your original parchment to the NUI. Your record will not be amended and new documentation will not be issued until the approval process is complete.

All future correspondence and, if registered, Seanad Election documentation will be issued in your updated name. You can also have an English version of your original Latin parchment issued under your updated name. The fee for an English version of the graduate qualification is 50.

  • Please note that the original Latin version of the degree parchment will remain under the same name as was issued on the day of conferring unless a specific request is made to update and re-issue the Latin parchment.

The NUI will inform UCD of the amendments and will request that we update your record accordingly.

The fee to reissue your parchment after changing your personal details is 50 per reissue.

Accepted Documentation

  • Birth Certificate
  • Passport
  • Drivers Licence
  • Deed Poll
  • Gender Recognition Certificate
  • National Identity Card (Country Dependent)
  • Marriage Certificate
  • Divorce Certificate
  • Any other form of documentation deemed necessary to process the request

Change of personal details general regulations

  • It is the responsibility of the applicant to fully complete the application form and to provide the relevant supporting documentation e.g. birth certificate, passport, drivers licence, deed poll, marriage certificate, gender recognition certificate or any other form of official documentation deemed necessary by the NUI.
  • All parchment/certificate re-issue requests that contain amended personal details will be submitted to the University Senate for approval.
  • NUI will inform the records and Alumni offices in UCD of any amendments they make to your record so that we can update your student record accordingly.
  • All original parchments and or certificates must be returned to NUI by the graduate before the amended ones are issued.
  • A change of personal details request cannot be submitted to include an official title (e.g. King, Prince, Lady etc.) or any initials, brackets, or adjuncts (e.g. Jnr, Snr, IV).

If you have any questions about updating your personal details or requesting to have your parchment reissued, please contact the NUI directly using the contact details found below:

National University of Ireland
49 Merrion Square
Dublin 2
Tel: +353 1 4392424
Email: records@nui.ie
Web: www.nui.ie
UCD recently introduced a policy which allows for trans and gender non-binary students and employees at the university to change their names on official university documents, and across the university systems, without the need for gender recognition certificates. If you would like further information on the Gender Identity and Expression Policy and how to change your name, please come in to the Student Desk and we will be happy to discuss it further.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us or to call in to see us in the Tierney Building. We will be happy to help.