What is UView?
UView is an online page which allows you, and the staff who support you, to view many aspects of your student record. These include your Programme history, module registration, GPA's, grades (see below for further details).
It holds all of this key information in one place, providing you with a bird's eye view of your entire record.
UView is designed to:
- Enable you to make informed decisions about your Programme such as module choices, compensation, options for further study etc.
- Keep you informed of any changes to your record
- Alert you to any information in your record which may need to be changed or updated
- Provide Programme, School and Registry staff with all of the information they need to support and assist you
- Act as a platform which will be enhanced and improved on an on-going basis to ensure that you have all the information you need at home, on campus or on the move.
Who has access to UView?
- All Undergraduate, Erasmus, Study Abroad, Graduate and Certificate/Diploma students will be able to view their individual record through this page.
- All staff with a role in supporting students will be able to view relevant information through this page.
How do I access UView?
You can access UView through the Registration, Fees & Assessment menu in SISWeb.
What information is available?
UView currently shows the information per student type listed below. Further functionality will be added on an on-going basis.
Undergraduate, Erasmus, Study Abroad & Certificate/Diploma Students
Graduate Taught and Research Students
- The page displays your current contact information. This information can be updated via the Update Address(es) and Phone(s) link on SISWeb. To update your name or date of birth you will need to supply supporting documentation. We accept birth certificates/passport and other Governmentally-issued identification. If you wish to change your name and/or gender in line with your gender expression and you do not (yet) have the accompanying documentation please contact the Student Desk to discuss making that amendment.
- It also shows your Programme Summary (all Programmes, Majors and Stages by Term).
- It also shows your credits earned and attempted as well as your GPA per stage.
- It also shows a breakdown of your credits by level to enable you to ensure that you meet the University Regulations requirements (read section 3.1 of the regulations).
- It helps you to understand which of your modules can be passed by compensation
- Finally your current and past modules are listed, including information on stages, levels, grades (where available) and semesters attempted.
In addition to the information listed above, the page also displays information specific to Graduate students where available. This includes information on Major theses, Supervisors, Doctoral Study Panel Members, as well as key dates such as Viva, approval date etc.
Where do I go if I have more questions?
Contact the Student Desk via the Student Desk Connector or by telephone 716-1555.