Withdrawing from your Programme
Before you complete a withdrawal form, make sure you get as much advice as you can from an appropriate staff member. This includes your Programme Office (for UG students), your School Office (for GT and GR students), your Student Adviser or the Student Desk.
Read the UCD Withdrawal Policy and check the fee deadlines to familiarise yourself with all the implications of this request.
All information is treated in the strictest confidence and will only seen by those staff processing your request.
Instructions on completing the Withdrawal form
- Log into SISWeb, select Programme Services, My Leave of Absence/Withdrawal Requests and then Withdraw from my Programme
- Make sure you read the advice at the start of this form
- Your personal information is pre-populated but check it to make sure it is correct
- Select the button that says Answer these Questions and provide the information requested
- Most of these questions are compulsory so make sure you answer all of them
- You will be asked if you have discussed this request with a staff member. If you have not spoken to anyone then you may be contacted by a staff member before this request can be processed
- Some questions are asked to make sure you understand what the request will mean for your fees, grant, access to campus facilities etc.
- After you have answered all questions, submit your request.
- Once submitted, you can see the progress of your request by selecting Programme Services and then My Leave of Absence/Withdrawal Requests
- You will receive an email upon submission of your withdrawal and another email once the change to your record has been put forward
- Your registration record will be updated within a few days of the confirmation of your withdrawal
- Once you receive confirmation of your withdrawal, return your UCD Student Card (UCARD) to your Programme Office (for UG students) or your School Office (for GT and GR students). If you can’t find your student card, then let your Programme Office or School Office know
Further instructions on completing the Withdrawal form, including frequently asked questions.