Message from Professor Michael Doherty, Dean & Head of School
Anois teacht an Earraigh, beidh an lá dúl chun shíneadh,
Is tar éis na féil Bríde ardóigh mé mo sheol.
Now with the coming of Spring, the days will grow longer
And after St. Brigid's day, my sail I'll let go
That wonderful sense of optimism and anticipation associated with the coming of spring captured by Co. Mayo poet Antaine Ó Raifteirí (1784-1835) was palpable amongst our 3rd year class and faculty members at the recent ‘Half-Way Dinner’ and it is with excitement that we look forward to our White Coat Ceremony on March 7th, which for the first time, in addition to our 4th year vet students, will include the veterinary nursing class as they enter their clinical year.
That optimism is also reflected in this newsletter, which highlights a diverse range of school activities in research, education and the arts as well as cultural community events such as our Veterinary Hospital Conference and the first ever celebration of ‘UCD Veterinary Sporting Greats’ in the summer of 2019.
I am delighted to introduce our 7th Alumni Newsletter.
Very best wishes / le gach dea-ghuí
Follow the Dean on Twitter @dohertyvetdean
The Dean is pictured with Áine Collins (PhD), Gerard Murray (PhD) and Conor Rowan (DVMS) who were conferred with their doctoral degrees in December.
- UCD Veterinary Sporting Greats / Laochra Spóirt Scoil Tréidliachta UCD
- Class of 1983 - 35 Year Reunion
- FVE-MSD Scholarship for MVB Student Michael Smyth
- Painting of Hanna Sheehy Skeffington by Dr Daniel Crean Unveiled in UCD
- Dr Fiona McCartney - Poster Award & Profile
- Recent Awards & Achievements
- In Profile: Marissa Silva
- UCDVH News: UCDVH Annual Conference - 12 July 2019
- Research News
- From the Archives: What We Do: Department of Veterinary Physiology and Biochemistry
- Upcoming Events
- Keep Connected