Message from Professor Michael Doherty, Dean & Head of School
A Chairde, Cuireann sé gliondar croí orm an triú nuachtlitir a chur i láthair.
I am delighted to introduce our 3rd Alumni Newsletter. There is a wonderful sense of spring across the Belfield campus and a real sense of pride within the School of Veterinary Medicine as we find ourselves at 24th in the QS World University Rankings, making Veterinary Science not only the highest ranked subject in UCD, but we've also achieved Ireland’s highest position overall! There is also a buzz of excitement as we anticipate new school developments, not least amongst them will be the launch of our new Clinical Skills Centre on 21st March.
Finally, just a thought from folklore with an avian connection, the ‘stretch in the evening’ to describe the welcome lengthening day in springtime is described in Irish as Coiscéim an Choiligh - the cockerel’s step – I wonder why?
Slán go fóill,
Follow the Dean on Twitter @dohertyvetdean
- Evaluation of the MVB Programme
- Article on ‘Motivation and Prior Animal Experience of New Vet Nursing Students’ Published in Journal of Veterinary Medical Education
- Mentors Needed for Alumni Mentoring Programme
- Agricultural Science Association Sheep Masterclass at UCD Lyons Farm (17 January 2018)
- Article by Dr Sourav Bhattacharjee Most Cited in Journal of Controlled Release in 2016
- In Profile: Des Rice
- UCDVH News: Veterinary Blood Donor Clinic
- Research News: The UCD Centre for Veterinary Epidemiology and Risk Analysis (CVERA)
- From the Archives: Laying the Foundation Stone of the new Veterinary School, 11 December 2000
- Upcoming Events: Class of 1978 Reunion – 22 September 2018
- Keep Connected