The service is free.
You can book 50-minute sessions or 30-minute sessions (check timetable for opening times). Book using the form.
However, there is no need to make an appointment - if you are around, you can just call in to the Writing Centre between 11-1 and 2-4 and ask to talk to the Writing Tutor on call.
WHY YOU SHOULD DROP IN
- If you want one-to-one help with an experienced tutor to address any issues related to the writing process.
- If you lack confidence about what kind of writing is expected in an academic essay.
- If you are making the transition to university from a non-traditional route and have not been writing for a while and need some refresher one-to-one work.
- If you feel you’re stuck in a particular grade bracket and you’re being told that the ideas are good, but you’re not communicating them as well as you could.
- If you are a first year student who wants to get to grips with what skills you can bring with you from writing at second level and what skills you might need to start working on for writing at third level.
- If you have recurring problems with a specific aspect of writing, such as structure or effective introductions and conclusions, integrating secondary material into your work, paragraph transitions or some particular grammar problem. You identify the problem and we will help you with strategies and resources to work it out.