6 days (3 x 2 full days) plus mentoring
Green Belt training course is an essential component of Lean Six Sigma approach to continuous improvement within the organisation. Participants will learn to successfully launch a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt project by refining a project charter, leading a project team, garnering support for the project from process stakeholders and ensuring a common understanding of the process across all project participants and stakeholders.This 6-day course will enable participants to demonstrate the training learning outcomes by delivering a substantial process improvement project.
Who should attend?
This course is intended for front line staff with previous knowledge of theory and/or practice of Lean Six Sigma, as well as ‘team leads’.
- Have a good understanding of a variety of graphical and team based problem solving tools and the manner in which these are combined in the process of solving well defined and narrowly scoped business problems
- Have a good understanding of basic statistical concepts while recognising limits of current knowledge
- Be able to apply well established technical and creative tools to solve well defined andnarrowly scoped process problems
- Be able to participate in the planning and management of well defined and narrowly scoped process engineering projects
- Be able to employ an investigative and data driven approach to establish the source of well defined process engineering problems
- Be able to identify, and plan for effective implementation of, solutions to a variety of well defined process engineering problems
- Be able to work effectively as a leader of a cross functional problem solving team, taking
responsibility for the work of team members
- Have a good appreciation of the importance of effective communication in managing
- Demonstrate, through successful completion of a narrowly scoped process engineering project, that the learner understands the discipline of the DMAIC approach and can deliver meaningful financial (target €30k p.a.) and/or customer benefit for the learners employer