The UCD Applied Language Centre (ALC) offers a wide range of programmes in the following areas:
- English as a foreign and second language
- English for Academic Purposes pathways for international students
- Global languages modules for undergraduate and graduate students
- Graduate programes in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Langauges (TESOL)
The ALC is Ireland's largest and most experienced Examination Centre for IELTS and Cambridge English examinations with test dates offered regularly each month. The cenre has more than 3,000 students taking courses and 5,000 examination candidates each year.
For current job opportunities at the ALC see below.
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
The Applied Language Centre offers language electives to non-specialist language learners as part of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees at UCD.
We are seeking expressions of interest from individuals with expertise in the delivery of language teaching in Korean.
This work involves 2 hours per week for 24 weeks per annum throughout the year. Part-time teachers are paid monthly at agreed hourly rates.
Those interested must have a degree and should have prior experience of teaching in the target language in a professional setting. A teaching qualification is also desirable.
Please email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 5pm July 5th, 2019.
Applications are invited for EAP teaching positions on our Summer Pre-Sessional Programme
8th July to 23rd August 2019 (7 weeks)
● Undergraduate degree (any discipline)
● Recognised TEFL qualification
● Experience of teaching English for Academic Purposes
● Specialist area: academic skills of researched essay writing, critical reading and seminar presentation
● MA TESOL, Applied Linguistics or related discipline
● Experience of teaching in universities
● Training in assessment
The successful candidates will
● Teach EAP classes
● Attend team meetings as required
● Liaise with other tutors over shared classes
● Take part in course assessments
● Assist with administrative duties as required in maintaining detailed records of attendance and work completed in each class.
To apply for this position, please email an up-to-date copy of your CV and Cover Letter to Dr Stergiani Kostopoulou, Senior Teaching Fellow, EAP Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications will be assessed as they arrive, and interviews will take place on a rolling basis.
Closing date for applications: 17:00 hrs (GMT) Friday 17th May 2019.
For enquiries contact:
Dr. Stergiani Kostopoulou, Senior Teaching Fellow, EAP Coordinator, UCD Applied Language Centre, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4 (email@example.com / (01) 716 7939)
Part time work available in the Applied Language Centre for Exam Invigilators
We are currently seeking postgraduate students with relevant experience for the following posts:
- IELTS and Cambridge exam invigilators (Saturdays 08.00 - 14.00 or 13:00-18:30 and occasional weekdays), all year round.
The rate of pay per hour is €13.67 / €12.30 (New Entrant).
We are looking for applicants who are highly organised, reliable and who have excellent attention to detail. Training will be provided for both invigilating and clerical marking.
In order to apply for this position, please fill-in the attached form along with a cover letter and CV.
Applications should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (with Exam Invigilator Application as the subject line).