UCD Cothrom na Féinne Scholarships
Huawei 'Tech4Her' Scholarship
UCD Cothrom na Féinne Scholarships are awarded to scholars who demonstrate clear motivation to pursue higher education despite educational challenges faced and demonstrate leadership to others experiencing similar challenges to pursue third-level education.
UCD Access & Lifelong Learning, with generous funding from Huawei Technologies, is delighted to offer this dedicated Cothrom na Féinne scholarship for a female access student currently studying on a taught full-time graduate programme within the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths (STEM).
The deadline for receipt of applications has now passed (Wednesday, December 23rd 12pm). Late and/or incomplete applications, including those missing the required supporting documentation, will not be considered.
Outcomes will be announced to all applicants via email on Friday, 8th January 2021. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
The scholarship provides a once-off payment of €10,000 for the 2020-21 academic year
In order to meet the eligibility criteria, you need to:
- Be a current female graduate student studying for a full-time taught graduate degree within the areas of science, technology, engineering and/or maths (STEM)
- Have been supported by an access programme during your undergraduate studies
- Have an annual household income of less than €45,790
The deadline for receipt of applications has now passed (Wednesday, December 23rd 12pm). Late and/or incomplete applications, including those missing required supporting documents, will not be considered.
Outcomes will be announced to all applicants via email on Friday, 8th January 2021.
• This scholarship is for full-time taught graduate programmes in the area of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths) only and is intended solely for female students who were supported by an access programme at undergraduate level.
• A student can only hold one UCD scholarship. In the event of a student qualifying for more than one scholarship, the scholarship of the greatest value will be awarded. The UCD Cothrom na Féinne scholarships are not open to holders of Department of Education Scholarships.
• The students who are awarded scholarships are required to pay any fees due to the University. Failure to do so may result in the withdrawal of the scholarship.
• Scholarships cannot be deferred.
• As this is a private scholarship, the successful candidate will be asked to provide a short annual report and photographs, extracts of which will be used in publicity materials.
• UCD Access and Lifelong Learning reserve the right to withdraw the scholarship should a student continually fail to complete the academic standards of their programme, or if they face disciplinary proceedings within UCD.
• Applicants must have a legal entitlement to remain in Ireland to complete their proposed course of study. The onus rests with the applicant to satisfy the University in this regard.
• UCD Cothrom na Féinne Scholars will be encouraged to act as role models within UCD and their local community.