Information on completing the Income Declaration Form 2022
Category of Student:
- A student dependent on parent(s)/legal guardian
- Mature student dependent on parent(s)/legal guardian
- Independent student
As an Independent Student you must be:
23 years of age or over on January 1st 2022.
You must have been living independently from your parents/legal guardians from October 2020 and will be required to provide evidence of this.
The required documentation accepted as evidence of independent residency must be
- dated from 2021, no later than October 2021
As an Independent Student, you will be assessed under your own and, if applicable, your spouse, civil partner or co-habitant’s income.
The documentation accepted as evidence of living independently is any of the following;
- A letter confirming that the address is registered with Residential Tenancies Board (RTB);
- A Local Authority lease agreement or a letter confirming your rental under the Rental Accommodation Scheme (RAS) or any Government housing scheme/arrangement. Private housing lease agreements will not be accepted;
- A letter on headed paper from a Rental Agency confirming your tenancy;
- A letter confirming the receipt and period of Rent Allowance, Mortgage Interest Supplement or Housing Assistance Payment (HAP);
- A utility bill in your own name, for example; landline telephone, fixed broadband, gas, electricity, cable/satellite television bill, home heating bills, waste bills, mortgage statements and/or property tax letters. We do not accept mobile telephone bills. If the utility bills in the household are in your spouse’s name, please provide your marriage certificate with the utility bill. If you are co-habiting, we will accept utility bills in your partner’s name covering the relevant period together with correspondence e.g. bank statement/Statement of Liability issued to the applicant at the same address and covering the relevant period; and/or
- Official documentation posted to you at this address and relating to your residence there. For example, a letter from the Department of Social Protection confirming Rent Allowance at this address. Please Note: we do not accept bank statements alone for this purpose.
Documentation relating to an address that is merely a correspondence address is not sufficient. Documentation must be connected with your residence at that address.
If you cannot supply any of the above documents to confirm independent residency, you can, if you wish, cancel your application and apply as a dependent student.
- Mature Dependent
- Over 23 on January 1st 2022
- Under 23 on January 1st 2022
- Under 23 on January 1st 2022
If you were over 23 on the 1st of January 2022, and still residing with your parents (or cannot supply any of the documentary evidence listed above to support independent residency) you will be classed as a Mature Dependent Student. You must supply your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) information as well as your own when filling out your application and your own income (if applicable) and the income of your parents/legal guardian(s) will be used when assessing you for grant funding.
If you were under 23 on the 1st of January 2022, you are automatically classed as a Dependent Student. This means you must supply your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) information as well as your own when filling out your application and your own income (if applicable) and the income of your parents/legal guardian(s) will be used when assessing you for grant funding.