The Outreach coordinating network brings together colleagues who are interested in engaging in outreach activities that target under represented communities.
The network will complement existing work and draw together interested parties who are involved or wish to become involved in outreach activities. This initiative will contribute to the University for ALL movement. The network will meet three times a year with a view to sharing good practice and maximising the impact of UCD outreach in low progression communities.
The network is sub group of the UCD Widening Participation Committee.
Suggested terms of reference
- Provide a coordinated approach to Outreach activities which focus on increasing progression to UCD from under-represented groups
- Enable low progression communities to have maximum benefit of engagement with UCD
- To act as a resource for colleagues to share good practice and develop new projects
- Provide a mechanism to foster the development of outreach projects by UCD Schools and Colleges
- Provide greater visibility for outreach initiatives
- Explore and support the develop of outreach champions
- Map all the outreach activity and initiatives across the campus
- Provide a forum to share good practice
- Support UCD staff in coordinating outreach projects
- Develop a mechanism for the publicity and promotion of UCD Outreach initiatives
- Develop a common list of link communities, schools and organisations including DEIS schools/ Adult Guidance Centre/FE colleges/Community and disability organisations groups.
- Establish structured links with the Student Recruitment Network and UCD in the Community.
- Explore mechanisms to establish an annual funding stream to support UCD College and School wide outreach projects.
Date: 28th February 2018
Time: 10.30am -12.30pm
Venue: Access & Lifelong Learning, Level 1, James Joyce Library Building.