The main functions of the office are:-
- Assessment of VAT status of research accounts
- Financial Review of Grant Registration Documents
- Overall financial control of the university research accounts
- Financial enquiries from researchers relating to research accounts
- The collection of research balances owed to the university
- Assisting researchers in the preparation of cost statements/statements of expenditure.
Researchers should be aware that they are responsible for the day to day financial management of their research contracts and should make themselves fully aware of the Terms and Conditions of their research contract. Research account financial reports can be accessed via Infohub.