Third Annual Conference:
A Collaborative Approach to Arthritis & Rheumatic Disease Research
- The 2020 conference, themed Self-Management for You & Your Family, will take place between 1000h and 1400h on Wednesday 18 November.
- It is kindly sponsored by Pfizer and Biogen.
- This year's conference will be online-only to avoid any infection risk to speakers and attendees - instructions on how to register and how to join on the day will be circulated in due course
- Conference programme will be available once confirmed
Abstract call for the Clarity in Research Medal
- A patient-judged competition will be held for clarity and use of plain English in research abstracts and posters; the deadline for abstract submission is close of business Friday 9 October 2019.
- To submit an abstract, complete this online form.
- To submit online, you must have a gmail account or gmail-linked work email account; if you do not, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an offline submission form.
- Resources to help you draft your plain English abstract include:
- Accepted abstracts will be published online in News Rheum, our patient/researcher co-produced research newsletter.
Dr Daire O'Leary (chair)
Daire is a clinical research fellow in the UCD Centre for Arthritis Research and a clinical tutor in the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. She previously worked as a clinical registrar in paediatric rheumatology and is currently conducting a study on whole exome mapping of genetic variants linked with the development of chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis (CRMO).
John is a Patient Insight Partner at the UCD Centre for Arthritis Research and the Patient Voice in Arthritis Research.
Stacey is a also a UCD CAR Patient Insight Partner and is a member of the Mayo branch of Arthritis Ireland. She is active with several patient engagement groups and has taken part in IPPOSI Patient Education events.
Karmen is an active participant in the UCD CAR Patient Partner pool. Her background is in computer science, working as a computer engineer since 1994, which is ideal for this year's online-only conference.
CAR Annual Conference Programme 2020