The UCD Centre for Arthritis Research holds monthly rheumatology research meetings at UCD's Conway Institute. The meetings typically take place on the third Friday of each month and cover the latest research, featuring guest speakers from universities and hospitals across Ireland and Europe.
Past speakers include:
- Professor Oliver Fitzgerald, Professor Steve Pennington, Dr Orla Coleman, Dr James Waddington, University College Dublin, Unmet clinical needs in diagnosis and management of Psoriatic Arthritis
- Professor Philip Conaghan, University of Leeds, OA: where are we now and where are we heading?
- Dr Oran Kennedy, Royal College of Surgeons Ireland, Sub-Chondral Bone Damage, Post-Traumatic Osteoarthritis... & Skele-Tim
- Dr Helen French, Royal College of Surgeons Ireland, Exercise for Osteoarthritis: Moving Beyond Mobility & Strength Benefits
- Dr Ricardo Segurado, University College Dublin, Should P-Values Be Retired?
- Prof. Emma Teeling, University College Dublin, What Can Human Medicine & Genomics Learn from Bats?
- Prof. Stephen Pennington, University College Dublin, Protein Markers in Psoriatic Arthritis
- Dr Catherine Darker, Trinity College Dublin, Managing Chronic Disease
- Dr Keith Smart, St Vincent's University Hospital, Pain Sensitization in Osteoarthritis
- Prof Frank Barry, NUI Galway, Stem Cell Therapy for Osteoarthritis: progress and obstacles
- Dr David Gibson, University of Ulster, Developing precision medicine approaches for the management of arthritis
- Dr Steve Eyre, University of Manchester, Determining the genes that are important in susceptibility to rheumatoid arthritis post GWAS
- Dr Deborah Cluxton, Trinity College Dublin, The role of metabolism in regulating human T cell subsets in RA
- Patricia Minnock, Our Lady's Hospice & Care Services,Steps towards defining a core set of nurse sensitive outcomes in RA
- Prof Cormac Taylor, University College Dublin, Into thin air: regulation of inflammatory gene expression by hypoxia
- Dr Conor McCarthy, The Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Sport and exercise: translation into rheumatology
- Prof Dirk Elewaut, University of Ghent, Spondyloarthritis from early disease recognition to extent of disease
- Prof Anne Barton, University of Manchester, Thoughts on predicting treatment response in rheumatoid arthritis
- Dr Emma Dorris, University College Dublin, Embedding Patient & Public Involvement in RMD Research