- The Janssen Newman Fellowship in Rheumatology has recently been launched by the UCD School of Medicine and Medical Science. The Fellowship is expected to contribute to understanding the underlying mechanisms involved in differential pathogenesis of Rheumatoid Arthritis and Psoriatic Arthritis. The project will be based between the Centre for Arthritis and Rheumatic Diseases, SVUH and Molecular Rheumatology, TCD. See further details about the Janessen Newman Fellowship Rheumatology.
- University of Liverpool Professor Christian Hedrich to present at upcoming Rheumatology Research Seminar on Friday 19th February 2021 at 3pm. Registration required for the seminar.
- UCD School of Medicine Professor Oliver Fitzgerald to present research at upcoming Rheumatology Seminar on Friday 8th December at 3pm. Join us via Zoom for the talk and discussion to follow.
- Arthritis and Rheumatic diseases research survey with the University of Limerick and Arthritis Ireland. UCD CAR researchers are asking people living with arthritis and rheumatic disease, carers, healthcare professionals, and researchers to rank their top 10 most important research questions. The survey closes on 28th November.
- University of Leeds expert to lead CAR seminar on Friday 20th November. Professor Philip Conaghan, Head of NIHR Musculoskeletal Unit is guest speaker for this month. Join us at 3pm via Zoom.
- RCSI experts to lead CAR seminar on osteoarthritis. At 3 pm, Friday October 23rd, Dr Oran Kennedy and Dr Helen French of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland will discuss new research in osteoarthritis treatment.
- Paper by CAR researchers accepted by Proteomics. A paper about the MACIR gene by Dr Gavin McGauran and other CAR-associated UCD researchers has been accepted for publication in the journal Proteomics and Systems Biology.
- Newsletter published. A new issue of our patient/researcher co-produced publication News Rheum is online, featuring interviews, images and articles on the theme of Self-Management.
- Newman Fellowship funds CAR research. On April 1st, Dr Daire O'Leary began a UCD Newman Fellowship to conduct rare-disease genetic research at the UCD CAR.
- Research Prioritization Survey held. From April 20th to May 24th, UCD CAR, Arthritis Ireland and Limerick University conducted a joint survey, gathering views on the goals Irish rheumatology research should pursue, as part of a major national research prioritization project.
Check our Twitter feed for day-to-day news.
For archived old news, click the link on the right of this page.