UCD graduates are educated intellectually, personally and professionally, possessing the resilience to cope in a changing, technology-enabled world. They have the creativity to find solutions and new approaches and the determination to succeed anywhere in the world.
UCD Career Development and Employability Strategy 2015-2025
If you would like to engage with UCD students there is ample opportunity between mid-September to the beginning of November in semester 1, and from mid-January to the beginning of March in semester 2. Please consult the UCD Academic Calendar for key semester dates.
Opportunities for engagement include:
- On-campus Employer Presentations: Provide information on your organisation and graduate/ internship opportunities to key student cohorts. We can advise on appropriate timing based on disciplines of interest, book rooms and promote via a range of channels.
- Information Stand: Bring a pop up stand to locations on campus where your target audience is likely to be. Engage informally with students between classes or at lunchtime.
- Employer/Student Networking Sessions: Engage with smaller, targeted groups of students in a more intimate setting.
- Panel Presentations: Sector-based events where individuals working in the sector speak about their experience and answer questions from students.
- Recruiter in Residence: Meet with students on a 1-to-1 basis at the Careers Network. Advise potential candidates on how best to make a successful application to your organisation.
- Datathons/Hackathons/Business Challenges: Run a competition where teams of students work on real world business cases/data science problems.
- Skills/ Employability Sessions: Deliver a workshop aimed at helping students to enhance their skills in specific areas, for example teamwork, leadership, commercial awareness, technical interviews, assessment centres etc.
- Tech Talks/Technology Demos: Talk to students about new technologies your organisation is working on or new innovations in the Tech. sector.
- Skills for Working Life: Deliver one of the 8 interactive skills-based workshops we run each year for our employer-led Skills for Working Life programme.
- UCD Career Mentoring Programme: Delivered by UCD Careers Network in partnership with UCD Alumni Relations, this programme matches UCD students with alumni mentors who can help them to clarify career goals and enhance their employability. Please contact us if you would like to be involved as a UCD Alumnus.
- Corporate Law and Corporate Finance Study Visits: In partnership with the UCD School of Law and the UCD Undergraduate School of Business, we organise annual study trips to London, to give UCD students a taste for working life there. If your London Office is interested in hosting a student visit, please contact us for more details.
To organise an employer event at UCD, please book online.