UCD graduates are educated intellectually, personally and professionally, possessing the resilience to cope in a changing, technology-enabled world. They have the creativity to find solutions and new approaches and the determination to succeed anywhere in the world.
UCD Career Development and Employability Strategy 2015-2025
The UCD Careers Network Employer Events will now take place virtually. Bookings can be made available online via our booking form 2020/21 Careers Network Events Booking Form.
Virtual interactive sessions are a great way to engage with UCD students. With even more functionality and flexibility, employers can now extend their student reach more than ever before. Please consult the UCD Academic Calendar for key semester dates.
Opportunities for engagement include:
- Employer Presentations* - Live Webinars & Virtual Skills Sessions - Use video clips, interactive polls, live chat and Q&A sessions to keep sessions engaging. *Available through Zoom, however we are open to work with employers, where possible, should they wish to use other platforms.
- Tech Talks and Tech Demos - Talk to students about the new technologies your organisation is developing or exciting innovations in the sector.
- Q&A Panel Events & Presentations
- Recruiter in Residence - Meet with students on a 1-to-1) CV/mock interview sessions. Advise potential candidates on how best to make a successful application to your organisation.
- Instagram Live/Takeovers & Facebook Live Sessions - The potential of student engagement for your vacancies and brand awareness has increased more than ever. Our 20 minute Live Sessions offers employers the opportunity to effectively engage with students across all disciplines. Takeovers are also a great way to give students an in-depth insight into your company and its culture and has proven to be a huge success with students.
- "Careers Calling Podcast" Series - Join the new ‘Careers Calling Podcast’ series hosted by the UCD Careers Network. This is a 10 week podcast series specifically open to employers to engage with UCD students on various topics. Each episode will be 20 minutes in length and pre-recorded with a member of our team. The Podcast will then be hosted on our website and on all our social media platforms. For information and further discussion please contact Megan on email@example.com.
- Set For Success - This skills programme for law students is an 8 week programme consisting of virtual employer-led skills seminars. These sessions are designed to provide students with insight into sought-after skills for legal careers and across all sectors. Upon successful completion of the programme, students will be awarded certification for participation as well as the opportunity to use this activity to contribute towards the UCD Advantage Award.
- UCD Career Mentoring Programme - Delivered by the UCD Careers Network in partnership with UCD Alumni Relations, the programme matches UCD students with alumni mentors who can help them to clarify career goals and enhance their employability. Please contact us if you would like to be involved as a UCD Alumnus.
- Corporate Law and Corporate Finance Study Visits - In partnership with the UCD School of Law and the UCD Undergraduate School of Business, we organise annual study trips to London, giving UCD students a taste for working life in our neighbour's capital. If your London office is interested in hosting a student visit, please contact us for more details.
To organise an employer event at UCD, please book online.