- Exploring Street Experiments in High Density Urban Asia
- Dr Luke Kelleher on barriers, drivers and potential for innovation
- Automotive Design Competition 2023
- Our teachers celebrating new CDIC students
- New Automotive Engineering teacher joins CDIC
- Design 2 Bridge Design Competition
- Faculty & Students Experience Sharing
- Dr Nan Zhang recognised as 2023 Rising Star
- We welcome our new Automotive Engineering lecturer
- Dr Ana Peric Momcilovic honoured with the Gerd Albers Award
- Inspiring journey across borders
- Welcome Freshers!
- Welcome to the Academic Year 2023-2024
- New teacher welcomed for the new academic year
- Dr Nan Zhang revolutionises point-of-care diagnostics & the biopharmaceutical industry with Microfluidics
- First CDIC Student finishes her programme in Dublin
- 2023 CDIC Graduation Ceremony
- CDIC English Teachers Visit Dublin
- TCPEP Teachers' First Experience of CDIC
- We Welcome New TCPEP Teacher Caterina Villani
- CDIC Funded Student Presenting in Oxford
- Follow Your Passion - Interview with CDIC Student
- Meet the CATs!
- CDIC Students Performing on the Roof
- We Met to Talk About Irish Culture
- CDIC Students Learning How to Play Tin Whistle
- The Very First CATs Workshop
- UCD wins the Asia Matters 2022 Higher Education Partnership
- CDIC Welcomes a New Teacher
- CDIC English Teachers to Present at the BALEAP Conference 2023
- Boom, Bust & Future of China's Real Estate Sector Podcast with Dr Yunpeng Zhang
- Dr Nan Zhang runner-up of 2022 UCD Research Impact Case Study Competition
- 2022 CDIC Graduation Ceremony
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition for the Students
- UCD & Columbia Dual Master in Civil Engineering Information Session
- New teacher welcomed to CDIC
- New Civil Aviation Lab in CDIC
- CJCO Team welcomed CEI student Zhaoyu
- Top 2% Scientists in the World
Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition for the Students
Thursday, 12 May, 2022
The 8th China International College Students’ “Internet+” Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition
Notice to International Entrants
China International College Students’ “Internet+” Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition has been held for seven sessions since 2015. Participated by 25.33 million college students in 6.03 million teams from 121 countries and regions in five continents, the competition has become the largest global event for innovation and entrepreneurship. The 8th China International College Students’ “Internet+” Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition will be held in 2022. We invite excellent young people engaged in innovation and entrepreneurship all over the world to this event where entrants can work to realize the dream of innovation and entrepreneurship, and to create a better future for the world.
I. Requirements for Projects Entered
1.The projects entered shall meet social needs, incubate new products, new business forms and models, promote the transformation and upgrading of industries such as manufacturing, agriculture, health, energy, environmental protection, and other strategic emerging industries, and promote the integration of the digital technologies with education, medical care, transport, finance, and consumption for living and cultural exchanges. For specific types of projects entered, please consult the Chinese host university or overseas partners of the Competition.
2. The projects entered shall aim to attract positive energy and must be actual, ethical, legal, and free of harmful contents that violate laws and regulations. All inventions, patented technologies, and resources involved must have clear legal intellectual property rights and property rights. Entrants who submit plagiarized, pirated or false entries will be disqualified with awards, if received, and bear all legal liabilities.
3. Entrants must choose the right category to register the projects. The participating teams must truthfully fill out and submit entry materials involved in the project on time in the registration system. Projects that have won the Gold or Silver Awards in previous sessions of this Competition are not eligible this year.
4. Entrants must be under 35 years old (born after March 1, 1987).
II. How to Participate This Competition only accepts team entries.
All entrants must enter in teams of 2 to 15 people (team leader included). A team may be formed by members from more than one college. All entrants must be core members of the project entered. All entrants must be students who are currently enrolled at a foreign college or those who have graduated within the past 5 years (graduated after 2017, the same below.) The application should be submitted by the leader of the participating team. The participating team shall only represent one foreign college which the team leader is currently enrolled at or has graduated from. A foreign college refers to a higher education institution or vocational school that is located outside the People’s Republic of China and is qualified to provide education and award degrees. A student enrolled at a foreign college refers to a student who has registered and studied at a foreign college and is qualified to receive a degree or diploma. All projects entered will be divided into two main categories: Undergraduate Category and Postgraduate Category according to entrants’ academic status. Each category can be further divided into three categories: Creativity Category, Emerging Project Category, and Rising Project Category according to business start-up stages. All participating colleges shall instruct the entrants to fill out the application and register in the right category. Requirements for each Category are as follows:
1. Undergraduate Category.
(1) Creativity Category. Projects entered that:
1. are creative;
2. have mature product prototypes or service models;
3. have not completed business registration and other types of registration on or before April 8, 2022.
The applicant must be the team leader, and the team leader and members must be current undergraduates or junior college students.
(2) Emerging Project Category.
Projects entered that have completed business registration or other types of registration within the past three years (after March 1, 2019). The applicant must be the team leader, the legal representative of the start-up and a current undergraduate or undergraduate/junior college student who has graduated within the past 5 years.
(3) Rising Project Category. Projects entered that have completed business registration or other types of registration for over 3 years (prior to March 1, 2019). The applicant must be the team leader, the legal representative of the start-up and a current undergraduate or undergraduate/junior college student who has graduated within the past 5 years.
2. Postgraduate Category.
(1) Creativity Category. Projects entered that:
1. are creative;
2. have mature product prototypes or service models;
3. have not completed business registration and other types of registration on or before April 8, 2022. The applicant must be the team leader, and the team leader must be a current postgraduate student. The team members must be current postgraduate students or undergraduates/junior college students.
(2) Emerging Project Category. Projects entered that have completed business registration or other types of registration within the past three years (after March 1, 2019). The applicant must be the team leader, the legal representative of the start-up and a current postgraduate student or postgraduate who has graduated within the past 5 years.
(3) Rising Project Category. Projects entered that have completed business registration or other types of registration for over 3 years (prior to March 1, 2019). The applicant must be the team leader, the legal representative of the start-up and a current postgraduate student or postgraduate who has graduated within the past 5 years.
III. Competition Rules
International entries participating in the higher education track competition will be evaluated in categories together with but ranked separately from the entries from Chinese mainland and those from Hong Kong, Macao, and Taiwan regions of China. The Competition will be divided by the organizing committee into three stages of qualification review, online evaluation, and on-site competition.
1. Qualification review (July 16-31, 2022). Regarding the main points of the evaluation rules, the organizing committee will review the qualifications and integrity of documents of the international entries.
2. Online evaluation (August 1-15, 2022). Multiple rounds of online evaluation will be performed on qualified entries. The final round will be the online evaluation for the finals. 3. On-site competition (October, 2022). The excellent projects selected by the online evaluation for the finals will participate in the on-site finals. If the COVID-19 pandemic is brought under control and international flights are back to normal, the organizing committee will cover for 1-2 members from each of the finalist teams the air travel expenses (round-trip and economy class only) and the local accommodation and transportation expenses during the competition period. If on-site competition is not possible, evaluation of defense in the finals will be held in the form of online road show.
A total of 500 international entries will be selected for online evaluation at the finals, 150 of which will be shortlisted for the on-site finals, 50 of which will receive the Gold Award, and the remaining 100 projects will receive the Silver Award. The remaining 350 projects that fail to enter the on-site finals will receive the Bronze Award. The organizing committee will present the winners with award certificates. International entries for the championship round will receive corresponding cash award based on the results at the Competition. The organizing committee will present the mentors of entries receiving the Gold Award with Outstanding Innovation and Entrepreneurship Mentor Award (only top 5), and for our partners, we will present the International Project Organizing Award.
1. Entrants must register at https://www.pilcchina.org/, the official website for the Promotion Association for Global Youth Innovation Leaders Community (PILC). Registration will open at 0:00 on June 1, 2022 and close at 24:00 on July 15, 2022 (Beijing time, UTC+8).
2. Entrants shall provide a business plan in PPT format and can also choose whether to provide a business plan in Word format or a 1-minute video as a supplement. To facilitate the review, please convert your business plan to PDF format before uploading.
3. To facilitate the review of qualifications, all team members must submit proof of academic status or diploma or shareholding before the closing date. Teams with mentors must also fill out the mentors’ information on the registration system.
4. In principle, all entry materials and on-site defense should be in Chinese or English. For other languages, please contact the organizing committee.
VI. Judging Criteria
For detailed information on the judging rules and criteria of the Competition, please visit https://cy.ncss.cn or (opens in a new window)https://www.pilcchina.org/.
The organizing committee of the China International College Students’ “Internet+” Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition reserves the right to make the final interpretation of all terms in this Appendix.
VIII. Contact Us
FAN Zhi Promotion Association for the Global Youth Innovation Leadership Community (PILC)
Address: B28, Teli Aosen International Sports and Cultural Center, Chaoyang District, Beijing. Postcode: 100101, China.
HAO Hao Center for Student Services and Development, Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China
Address: Tower C3 Jinmao Building, No.18 Xizhimenwai Street, Xicheng District, Beijing. Postcode: 100044, China.
ZHAO Wansu Office of International Affairs, Chongqing University
Address: No.174 Shazheng Street, Shapingba District, Chongqing.
ZHOU Jianlin General Office, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China
Address: No.37, Damucang Hutong, Xicheng District, Beijing. Postcode: 100816, China
Organizing Committee of the China International College Students’ “Internet+” Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition April 27, 2022.