What We Do
The UCD Centre for Humanitarian Action (CHA) was established in 2012 to (re)affirm UCD’s commitment to excellence in research, innovation and professional development in the field of humanitarian action. The Centre is built on the strong foundations of an internationally recognised Masters programme in humanitarian action that has produced in excess of 300 postgraduates. It has collaborated with various governmental and non-governmental organisations around the globe for applied research and policy analysis.
An inter -disciplinary centre of excellence focused on humanitarian action, recognised both nationally and internationally for the provision of the highest quality research and education.
The Centre’s mission is to enhance the professional delivery of humanitarian action through the provision of inter-disciplinary and internationally recognised research to inform policy and practice. It does this by:
- Promoting collaboration between higher education institutions in humanitarian action;
- Conducting flagship research projects at the forefront of humanitarian studies in cooperation with our partners worldwide;
- Facilitating academic-practitioner links to enhance the efficacy of research and teaching in hu-manitarian action and bridge the divide between the field and higher education institutions;
- Educating current & future humanitarian practitioners to the highest professional and academic standards; and
- Acting as a hub for Irish humanitarian action by bringing together humanitarian stakeholders to tangibly inform policy processes of relevance to humanitarian action at the Irish, European and international levels.
Please take a look around the site to learn more about our research projects and educational programmes. If you would like us to contact you regarding CHA news and upcoming events please email at: email@example.com or call at: +35317167608.