- 12, 13 & 14 September 2018: Higher Options (Venue: RDS Dublin) (Event Type: External Career Fair)
- School of Chemistry Seminar Series (various lectures throughout the year)
- There will an orientation event for incoming research students in the College of Science on 9 October 2018 at 3.00pm in Room H2.38 (O'Brien Centre for Science - Hub). If you plan to attend this event, please email email@example.com.
- UCD Science Open Evening 23 October 2018, 17:15 to 19:45, O'Brien Centre for Science, booking essential.
- October 2018: School of Chemistry Postgraduate Orientation (details to be confirmed)
- 3 November 2018: UCD Open Day.
- The ICI Annual Award for Chemistry (Eva Philbin Public Lecture Series) "Using Hazardous Reagents Safely – Go with the flow!" with Prof. Anita Maguire, School of Pharmacy & School of Chemistry, University College Cork.
- The Science Week Table Quiz 2018, organised by SCI’s All Ireland Group, returns for its 14th year and this year it will take place in Doyle’s, Thursday 15 November 2018 at 19:00.
- 20 November 2018: UCD Chemistry Open Evening (Booking to open September 2018)
- 50 years of coordination chemistry 1968-2018 is organized with the support of the Coordination and Organometallic Discussion Group of the RSC to celebrate 50 years of Coordination Chemistry. Two days of talks, posters and flash presentations will take place in Rm 3.56 Science South on December 3rd (11.30-18.00) & December 4th (09.30-15.30). Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your poster submission by Wednesday November 28th.
- The Centre for Synthesis and Chemical Biology (CSCB) "Recent Advances in Synthesis and Chemical Biology XVII" one day symposium will take place on Friday, 7th December, 2018 in The Royal College of Surgeons, Dublin 2. As in previous years, there will be a poster session in the afternoon (with prizes for the best posters) for which abstracts are invited (submit by Nov 29th for inclusion in abstract booklet). Early bird registration up to Nov 30th.
- ChemSoc Christmas lecture "Macromolecular engineering with amino acids: From simple linear polypeptides to bespoke biomaterials for gene delivery and tissue engineering" with Prof. Andreas Heise, RCSI, followed by a festive drinks reception and dinner.
- 8 January 2019: Mature Student Information Evening/ UCD CAO Information Evening
- 11 February 2019: College of Science EDI Committee presents "UCD Women in Science" exhibition to celebrate UN Women in Science Day. All day event in Science Centre
- 20 February 2019: UCD Graduate Open Evening- O'Reilly Hall (Booking to open early January 2019)
- 13 & 20 March 2019: Science Transition Year Workshop Days (Booking to open in 2019)
- 25 April 2019: Chemical Society Inaugural Lecture: Prof. Steven Ley (University of Cambridge) on "Flow Chemistry: New Tools for Molecule Makers"
- 5 June 2019: UCD Science 5th Year Summer School (Booking to open in 2019)
- 7 June 2019: Royal Society of Chemistry Ireland Regional Meeting, UCD
19-22 August 2019, UCD: ECSBM 2019 - European Conference on Spectroscopy of Biological Molecules (ECSBM)
ECSBM is recognised as a leading international conference at which applications of biomolecular spectroscopy in fundamental scientific research, medical and clinical sciences, and the pharmaceutical industries are explored. The scope of the scientific topics covered has recently extended to applications in the fields of biomedical imaging, anticancer research, drug delivery and nano-biotechnology and the meeting in Dublin will consider the impact for food science and nutrition.