Best oral presentation at the special edition of Euromembrane2022
- SCBE Student wins Naughton Fellowship
- SCBE EDI Newsletter - Inclusion
- NUI Honorary Conferring of Mohamad Al-Rubeai
- MacElroy Energy Research Bursary 2022
- SCBE EDI Newsletter - Diversity
- SCBE Seminar Day
- Prof Niall English receives ERC Advanced Grant to optimise nanobubble technology for diverse end applications
- SCBE Christmas Party
- Best oral presentation at the special edition of Euromembrane2022
- SCBE EDI Newsletter - Equality
- Unprecedented success for UCD in ERC Advanced Grant 2021 competition
- SCBE EDI Newsletter - Unconscious Bias
- UCD Engineers Among NovaUCD’s 2022 Innovation Awardees
- The first annual SCBE Seminar Day
- Serendipity Swings Doors of Opportunity Open Wide for Nanobubble Generator Developers
- Gas Hydrates – a Potential New Fuel Source or a Cause of Mass Extinctions
- Springer publishes book to mark retirement of Emeritus Professor Mohamed Al-Rubeai
- 2020 News Archive
- 2019 News Archive
- 2018 News Archive
- 2017 News Archive
- 2016 News Archive
Burcu Akkoyunlu awarded the EMS Award for best oral presentation
Friday, 9 December, 2022
Congratulations to Burcu Akkoyunlu, a PhD student at the UCD school of Chemical and Bioprocess Engineering for best oral presentation at the special edition of #Euromembrane2022, 40th European Membrane Society Anniversary in Sorrento, Italy.
"It is really important that you love what you do and working towards #bioeconomy is that for me."
Burcu's interests are in designing novel processes by combining biology and chemical engineering principles. She is skilled in Membrane Separation Technologies, Computer-Aided Design (CAD), 3D Printing, Biotechnology, Bioprocess Design and MATLAB.
Her latest project involves developing and optimizing novel process for producing bioeconomy products.