Business with Chinese (BComm International)
Aims to develop business skills, linguistic skills and intercultural communication
On applying you will select two languages to study, choosing from Chinese, French, German, Italian or Spanish. With the exception of French (H4 requirement), you have the option to study these languages from beginner level. The Chinese option encompasses Chinese language, culture, politics, law and society.
At the end of the first semester students choose one of the two options to pursue as their language minor for the remainder of the programme.
Throughout the duration of the programme, you will receive a firm foundation in core and specialist business disciplines, as well as developing your language proficiency to degree minor level.
- Accounting, Economics, Maths & Statistics, Organisational Behaviour, Management, Business in Society, 4 x Language & Culture/Literature modules
- Managerial Accounting, Marketing, Human Resources, Global Operations, Finance, Information & Communications Technology, 5 x Language & Culture/Literature
Third & Fourth Year
- You will spend the year studying abroad at one of our highly regarded international business school partners. The Chinese minor involves one semester studying Chinese language and a second semester studying business through English.
- In the final year you will continue with language and culture/literature studies, and in addition can specialise in a particular business discipline (such as Accountancy, Management, Marketing, Banking & Finance, MIS or HRM) or study a mix of business subjects.
- Students attend lectures, tutorials and seminars, and undertake group and individual presentations, project work and independent study. Projects include case studies, business simulations, presentations and web development.
Find out more