'Critical Exploration of Human Rights: When Human Rights become Part of the Problem' - Call for Papers
The UCD Centre for Human Rights and the UCD School of Sociology are delighted to present the 23rd Irish European Law Forum conference on 'Critical Exploration of Human Rights: When Human Rights become Part of the Problem'.
This two-day online conference aims at critically exploring those undesired outcomes that human rights promotion may lead to on the ground. We are seeking to address the downsides and shortcomings of the promotion and implementation of the human rights agenda, asking ‘what happens when it becomes counterproductive?’ This conference will cover a wide spectrum of topics from a variety of disciplinary approaches including in sociology, law, politics, and history.
The following topics and themes will be particularly relevant:
- Uses and Misuses of Human Rights: Examples from around the Globe
- Human Rights and Inequality
- Human Rights and Violence
- Human Rights in a Time of Crisis (including Covid-19 crisis, climate change, migration crisis)
- Institutional Perspective on Human Rights
Download the 2021 CfP Conference Critical Exploration of Human Rights.