International Women's Day
- Ten Days in the Ruhr - A Student Engineer's Diary (1954) - The Final Days
- Ten Days in the Ruhr - A Student Engineer's Diary (1954) - Part 3
- Ten Days in the Ruhr - A Student Engineer's Diary (1954) - Part 2
- College researchers recognised in UCD Research Impact Competition
- Ten Days in the Ruhr - A Student Engineer's Diary (1954)
- Arup Scholarship Presentation 2022
- UCD wins Higher Education Partnership of the Year Award at the Asia Matters Business Awards
- Dr Amiya Pandit wins the Thomas Mitchell Medal
- Prestigious award for UCD team tackling stillbirth prevention
- Major milestone on Ireland’s journey into space
- RIBA Stirling Prize 2022
- University College Dublin Engineering Spin-out Shortlisted for Ireland Leg of the 2022 KPMG Global Tech Innovator Competition
- Irish Government invests in 47 projects to engage and inspire the public about STEM
- Irish-led international education project to grow understanding of the bioeconomy in society
- €16m energy system research partnership to decarbonise energy sector
- Home retrofits may need to be re-done in ten years, Oireachtas committee hears
- UCD spin-out PlasmaBound completes €2.35m funding round
- 2022 News
- 2021 News Archive
- 2020 News Archive
- 2019 News Archive
- 2018 News Archive
- 2017 News Archive
- 2016 News Archive
- Building the State
- A Centenary Celebration
International Women's Day
Friday, 4 March, 2022
The 8th March is International Women's Day, a day that we usually mark in the College of Engineering and Architecture by celebrating the achievements of our alumna, female faculty, staff and students -we are very proud of them all.
However, this year, the College, shocked and appalled by what is happening in Ukraine, acknowledging many women and their families will have been forced to flee their homes, and in support of our students and staff, from both Russian and Ukraine, will be making a donation of €5,000 to Irish Red Cross' Ukraine Crisis Appeal. Once the donation has been made, we will post an update.
I hope any of you who can afford to do so will join us in making donations to the Irish Red Cross.
Professor Aoife Ahern, Dean of Engineering, College Principal of Engineering and Architecture.
The Students' Union is currently collecting donations in Support of Ukraine at their reception from 11am until 6pm this Friday 4th, next Monday 7th & Tuesday 8th.
They are accepting donations of non-perishable dried and canned foods, first aid kits, small medical kits (plasters, antiseptic creams and painkillers), sleeping bags and blankets, care products (period products, baby wipes, nappies, toothpaste and toothbrushes) crayons/colouring pencils and colouring books, and cat and dog dried/canned food. For any questions please reach out to the Students Union on their social media (IG/Facebook) or: email@example.com, or to UCD Global on our Instagram