A Milestone — Professor Da-Wen Sun’s H-Index (Web of Science) Reaches 100
The h-index of Professor Da-Wen Sun’s publications has reached a milestone of 100 according to the latest data from Web of Science. He also has an h-index of 104 from SCOPUS and 115 from Google Scholar.
The h-index is defined as the maximum value of h such that the given author/journal has published h papers that have each been cited at least h times. The index is designed to improve upon simpler measures such as the total number of citations or publications.
Professor Sun is an Academician of six academies, including Member of Royal Irish Academy, the highest academic honour in Ireland; Member of Academia Europaea (The Academy of Europe), one of the most prestigious academies in the world; Foreign Member of Polish Academy of Sciences, the highest lifetime honour bestowed by the Polish government; Fellow of International Academy of Food Science and Technology; Fellow of International Academy of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering, and Full Member of International Academy of Refrigeration. He has published over 1,000 papers including more than 600 peer-reviewed journal papers indexed by Web of Science with 71 papers selected by the Essential Science IndicatorsSM as Highly Cited / Hot Papers in Field, ranking him No. 1 in the world in Agricultural Sciences (January 2020). He is also a Clarivate Analytics Highly Cited Researcher in the last 5 consecutive years (2015- 2019).
The top five of his most cited papers in Google Scholar are as follows:
- T Brosnan, D-W Sun, 2004, Improving quality inspection of food products by computer vision––a review, Journal of food engineering 61 (1), 3-16. Total cites: 1039
- CJ Du, D-W Sun, 2004, Recent developments in the applications of image processing techniques for food quality evaluation, Trends in food science & technology 15 (5), 230-249. Total cites: 626
- B Li, D-W Sun, 2002, Novel methods for rapid freezing and thawing of foods–a review, Journal of food engineering 54 (3), 175-182. Total cites: 489
- T Brosnan, D-W Sun, Inspection and grading of agricultural and food products by computer vision systems—a review, Computers and electronics in agriculture 36 (2-3), 193-213. Total cites: 459
- G ElMasry, D-W Sun, P Allen, Near-infrared hyperspectral imaging for predicting colour, pH and tenderness of fresh beef, Journal of Food Engineering 110 (1), 127-140. Total cites: 414
Professor Sun’s latest publication and citation metrics in Web of Science, SCOPUS and Google Scholar can be accessed here: