Revised Government public health guidelines impact on campus activities 22/09/20
I am writing to update you on the implications of the Government announcement concerning the imposition of Level 3 COVID-19 restrictions on the Dublin region, and its impact on your coming to campus while these restrictions are in place. We have been given direction by the Government on the restrictions to apply to our educational activities during this time. These measures go beyond those indicated for Higher Education in the Government’s ‘Framework for Restrictive Measures in Response to COVID-19’, and are in keeping with the restrictions indicated for Level 4 in that framework.
While Dublin is operating under Level 3 restrictions, the University will schedule activities as follows:
- The following activities that were scheduled to take place on campus will recommence as soon as possible including:
- Practical and laboratory classes
- Clinical teaching and associated activities
- Studio classes
- Practice based teaching
- Outdoor fieldwork
- Online teaching will continue as per your timetable
- Other scheduled face to face lectures, tutorials or other classroom-based teaching will take place online unless you are informed otherwise by your Module Coordinator
- Your School/Module Coordinator will inform you of changes to the delivery for each affected module.
The campus will remain open so that
- Libraries and study areas can be available to students
- Residences can remain open
- On-campus catering can continue for collection or outdoor service
- Campus-based research can continue
- The gym can continue to operate
I want to assure you that the campus is a safe and welcoming environment and our faculty and staff are ready to provide you with the best educational experience we can offer, at distance or on campus.
The University will keep the situation under review and continue to update you on our plans.
Please continue to observe the public health guidelines wherever you are and keep safe and well.
Prof Mark Rogers
Registrar and Deputy President