MSc Scholarships HDip and MSc Qualifier
- Postgraduate Scholarships at UCD Economics
- Celebration of Peter Neary
- Diego Zambiasi wins IEA Conniffe Prize
- Diane Pelly wins Main Conference Award at the Newcastle Economics Research and Development Conference
- Peter Neary Condolence Book
- Brain for Business Podcast by Dr Vessela Daskalova
- Visit by EIB President Dr Werner Hoyer
- Academic Jobs
- Award to Professor Aisling Reynolds-Feighan
- Michael Wright attends Model WTO 2022 conference in Geneva
- Professor Ariel Rubinstein Lecture
- School of Economics Awards
- Orla Doyle Elected to IEA Presidency
- Energy Economics PhD Fellowship Opportunity
- ECA Talk on Forced Displacement
- IZA World of Labor Panel Discussion
- The Young Irish Economists Seminar Series (YIESS)
- Assistant professor post in economics of the natural resources & environment
- Two assistant professor posts in Economics
- Medals and Awards 2022
UCD School of Economics MSc Scholarship for Current or Recent Economics HDip and MSc Qualifier Students
The UCD School of Economics is pleased to announce the availability of one scholarship for our 2023/24 full-time MSc programmes for current and former Higher Diploma in Economics or MSc Qualifier students. Those awarded a scholarship will be given as one full or two partial fee waivers for the programme.
Who is Eligible?
The awards will be made to either current final-year students or those who graduated with HDip or MSc Qualifier degrees in 2021/22. We will consider students who are studying for a Higher Diploma in Economics at an Irish university or the Economics MSc Qualifier programme at UCD as well as last year’s graduates from these programmes. Awards will only be made in cases where students have a GPA of at least 3.68 across their Economics modules.
What Criteria Are Used to Decide the Awards?
The scholarships will be awarded by a committee of UCD School of Economics faculty. These merit awards will be based on academic performance in Economics modules. We will also consider the amount of Economics modules taken by the student and their level of preparedness for studying for their chosen MSc programme. All decisions of the awarding committee are final.
Which Programmes Do These Scholarships Apply To?
They apply to each of following full-time programmes:
- MSc in Applied Economics
- MSc in Quantitative Economics
- MSc in Behavioural Economics
How Do I Apply?
Once you have applied for the MSc programme through UCD Applications and have been issued an application number, please complete this online scholarship application form here. This application form will ask you to provide a short explanation (max 300 words) of your interest in studying for an MSc in the UCD School of Economics, which programme you are interested in, and any additional evidence you think may be relevant to the committee’s deliberations. The closing date for applications is 14th April 2023.
When Will the Scholarship Awards Be Made?
All applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application 28th April 2023.
Does the School of Economics Offer Other Types of Financial Support?
Students with first-class honours undergraduate degrees can apply to work as undergraduate tutors while studying on our MSc programmes. Once you are accepted onto our MSc programmes you will receive an invitation to apply for these positions. Questions should be directed to our MSc co-ordinator Dr. Stefanie Haller at firstname.lastname@example.org