Below you will find a brief outline of policies related to the area of employee engagement.
Employee Volunteering Policy
UCD seeks to play a leading role in the socio-economic and cultural development of the communities that it serves and to continually animate our values, in particular those of engagement, integrity and diversity. As part of its commitment to community engagement, the University has introduced an Employee Volunteering Policy. This policy supports our employees by allowing them to allocate work time to engage in volunteering activities. Find out more on the Volunteering page.
Out of Hours Email Policy
The purpose of this policy is to make it clear to employees that they are not expected to read or reply to emails outside of their normal working hours, except in exceptional situations. This policy is designed to promote employee wellbeing by demonstrating the importance of recovery time away from work and support other policies such as Core Meeting Hours which promote a family-friendly working environment. View the policy in the Governance Document Library.
Engaging Research and Teaching-Active Retired Faculty Policy
Research and teaching-active retired faculty are a valuable resource for the University with a wide range of skills, knowledge and contacts that we wish to see encouraged and recognised. Active retired faculty can play a role on the national and international stage, greatly enhancing the reputation of the University through activities such as research and publication, mentoring and coaching (faculty & students), networking and advocating, and guest lecturing and tutoring.
The policy outlines the process involved in supporting this cohort of retired faculty and acknowledging their contributions as members of the University community.
- Policy implementation date 1 September 2018.
- The full policy can be found in the Governance Doument Library
- Research & teaching active retired faculty application form - August 2020
- For enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
No. Depending two categories are covered by separate policies, carry separate conditions and have different scope.
As per the UCD Policy on Funded Research Activity, the following are eligible to register and manage research accounts.
- Members of the University’s staff: Individuals who, at the time of signing the grant, are on the University’s Core HR/Payroll System with a contract of employment that spans the duration of the research grant. This includes individuals who fulfil the following roles or their equivalent:
- Full Professor/ Professor/ Adjunct Professor/ Visiting Professor / Clinical Pathways Professors
- Associate Professor/ Assistant Professor
- Research-active retired Faculty
- Postdoctoral Fellow (PD)/ Research Fellow (RF)
- Research administrative and technical staff (these will be considered on a case by case basis).
See the UCD Policy on Funded Research Activity for more details.
Yes. In line with off-campus working, Remote / Virtual / Online Volunteering are covered under the Employee Volunteering Policy.