'Virtual' Lunchtime Sketching Club
The Lunchtime Sketching Club will continue to operate in a 'virtual' capacity during the campus closure. Keep an eye on the UCD Staff E-zine for updates on the latest challenges. You can continue to send your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org for anonymous inclusion in our online gallery.
Lockdown art supplies
We've consulted the members and put together a list of reliable suppliers below. We are not recommending or suggesting any particular supplier, just noting that they are delivering (often sporadically) during the lockdown.
'On-campus' Lunchtime Sketching Club
Sketching for fun
Following on from the successful "Art Club" pilot, the 'lunchtime sketching club' will offer staff a weekly outlet for their artistic talents, commencing February 2020.
Art provides a great way to practice mindfulness and focus on the moment so drop by and join colleagues from around the university for an hour of relaxing drawing. This programme is open to all levels of ability.
- The group will meet on Thursdays during Term 2.
- The initial 4-week pilot has ended but classes will continue subject to ongoing demand.
- Meetings will alternate between life drawing and still-life and we would encourage everyone to try their hand at both.
- Meetings may take advantage of different public venues around the campus.
- No materials/ instruction provided so you are free to chose your favourite medium (pencil, pen, charcoal etc).
Sign up now
No charge, no complicated process, just join our email list to keep up to date on location changes.
Drawing packs available in the Campus Bookshop
The Campus Bookshop have all you need to get sketching and there is a 10% reduction for staff so don't forget your U-Card!
- Pencils (6B+2H) @70c each
- A3 sketch pad @€2.75
- Pencil sharpener @1.10