Step Challenge 2020
- Get set for summer
- Ukraine Concert
- hello spring
- Winter Fitness Programme
- IUA HR Conference
- Employee Winter Celebration
- Autumn Fitness
- Autumn Fitness Team Challenge
- Bike Expo 2022
- Thank You Day
- World Mental Health Day
- Workplace Wellbeing Day 2022
- Puck and chat
- UCD Bike Day
- Spring Into Summer
- Climb Lyons Hill
- Return to the workplace webinars 2022
- Five Plus Challenge
- Financial Wellbeing
- UCD Values
- UCD Awards page
- Engagement Policies
- Special Offers
- Children's colouring books
- Employee Clubs
- Ask the Vet 2021
- Better Together Challenge 2021
- Back to the campus 2021
- Workplace wellbeing day 2021
- Find Your Balance Webinars 2021
- Spring Nutrition Seminars 2021
- Step on it 2021
- UCD Challenge 2021
- Live fitness classes 2021
- Off Campus Engagement 2021
- Cybersafety for families (webinar and kids camp)
- Outdoor Fitness Classes 2020
- Workplace Wellbeing Day 2020
- Step Challenge 2020
- Women's Mini Marathon 2020
- RÁS UCD 2020
- Feelgood February 2020
- UCD Oskar's 2019
- Work / Life 2019
- Strictly UCD 2017
2020 Social Distancing Step Challenge
Can your team keep up the pace? It's important to step back from the laptop once in a while so we've put together a Step Challenege to keep you in touch (virtually) with your colleagues and keep fit while the campus is closed. The challenge commences Monday, 30th of March and you can register your team now by emailling firstname.lastname@example.org
This is an ongoing challenge aimed at helping you mind your mental health and fitness so you're free to join at any point.
Exercise is (currently) one of the reasons you are permittited to leave the house but don't forget to avoid crowded areas and keep a space of 2 metres (6.5 feet) between you and other people.
Keep up to date on restrictions via the Gov.ie site.
Prefer, to keep things indoors? No problem! These exercise videos from UCD Sport & FItness and Les Mills will help you build your step count quickly.
In keeping with social distancing, and unlike previous challenges, you are free to use stationary bikes, treadmills etc
Check in with your team
Check in with you team via Zoom to make sure everyone is staying healthy, motivated and safe!
Note: We recommend that you consult with your doctor before beginning any exercise program. You should be in good physical condition and be able to participate in the exercise. You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk.
Social Distancing Step Challenge - How it works overview
- Captain gathers their team offline then contacts email@example.com for a sign up sheet (Team = 1 Captain + 5 Team Members)
- Meet virtually via Zoom to come up with a name and share plans and ideas.
- Captain completes and returns the 'Sign up sheet' to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Culture & Engagement will set up the team on the Steps Tracker and provide everyone with access.
- All Team Members record their steps locally using an app or device of their choice.
- All Team Members record their steps on to the collective 'Steps Tracker'.
- All Team Members track overall steps and rankings on the Culture & Engagement site.