The campus is in full bloom so it's time to get snapping! We know there are a lot of budding photographers out there so Culture & Engagement are running a short competition to showcase the best photography from colleagues across the campus.
The theme of the competition is "Summer in UCD". Photos which capture campus life, or the campus itself (flora / fauna / architecture), are very welcome. Enter now for the chance to win a €200 voucher!
Incidentally, if you're looking for inspiration then take a Woodland Walk during lunch!
Submitting your photos
- Please email your photo to email@example.com along with the photo title and your School / Unit details so that we can credit you properly.
- Photos must be submitted from you UCD email account so we can verify you are an employee. Don't submit via a personal email account.
- Be sure to check the Terms & Conditions below as they include details on photo size and the prize!
Show/hide contentOpenClose All
Photo sizes and restrictions
- Email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may enter only one picture each competition week. In the case of multiple entries being sent by a single individual in a given competition week, the Judges will choose one random image from the selection to put forward for consideration.
- Photos must feature some aspect of campus life: people, places, things etc.
- By campus, we mean Belfield, Blackrock, Lyons or another location where a number of UCD employees are based.
- All pictures should be submitted as JPEG files (.jpg). Feel free to include a caption to explain your picture.
- Photos should be a maximum of 10MB in size
- Images will be displayed at a maximum of 750px wide owing to restrictions on the size of the Culture & Engagement web page template. If you wish to pre-cut your images to the maximum size that's great, otherwise we will do it.
- Culture & Engagement reserve the right to crop any photographs submitted in order to fit the overall design and format of the Culture & Engagement website. We will make every effort to preserve the integrity of your work though!
- Images which have been heavily digitally edited will not be accepted. While some basic enhancements are allowed (brightness, contrast, and sharpening etc.), these should be kept to a minimum. The Judges are experts on this so we’ll know!
- Closing 31 July 2017.
- All photographs submitted must be the work of the individual who submits them.
- Photographers will be credited so be sure to include your name and School / Unit when submitting.
- Submissions may be reused on the Culture & Engagement website / social media / printed materials more than once. Generally this will be for the purposes of promoting the competition itself but photos may be re-used in other material relating to community engagement activities.
- No payment will be made for use of the pictures submitted.
Who can participate?
- The competition is open to all UCD employees.
- Images must be submitted using your email@example.com email address so we can verify you are an employee. Do not submit via your personal Gmail, Hotmail or similar service.
How are the winners chosen?
This competition will be judged by Culture & Engagement's resident photo-nerds Paul and Mark, with Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Manager Marcellina Fogarty having the casting vote. The Judges have absolute discretion in terms of the decision to publish or not publish any submissions. The Judge's decision is final.
Each week we will put the weekly 'hot shots' on this site for all to enjoy. At the end of the pilot a winner will be chosen.
In keeping with the spirit of participation and engagement, we will try to ensure as many pictures as possible are made available for viewing.
And finally....the prize?
The competition winner will receive a voucher for €200. Just think of all the camera goodies you can get!